XS650 Craigslist postings depository

You know, if this SOB would work half as hard at an actual job as he does trying to rip people off, all over the country, he’d be a rich man! Now the ad is running in Yuma Az. Man I hate these scammers!
https://yuma.craigslist.org/mcy/d/1978-yamaha-xs650-special/6754226573.html
964BFBE6-51C5-43F4-975E-F25DED5DEB35.jpeg

eBait shows this bike sold on Oct 22 for $2250 best offer accepted. Check out sold listings. Looks like the scammer used some of the original text of the ad.
Jim. Be sure to include your SSN, PayPal password, and your Bank acct # in your reply.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

So.... finally got a reply....

Untitled.png

Suggestions on how I should respond?

Just responded...
"Well im definitely interested at that price. Its just like the one I had as a kid. How do we proceed?

Jim."

Yeah, this is typical.
I can’t show the bike because______________.
It’s usually some hardship story, or a soldier who is deploying overseas, they always want a fast transaction.
Just wire me the money or send me a cashiers check.
Send me the money plus extra to pay for shipping and I will have the bike shipped to you.

That bike is currently listed in two separate cities, hundreds of miles apart in Arizona. Dumb ass doesn’t realize both ads show up on the same page? I found and flagged a whole bunch of others that were the exact same deal, same bikes listed in different parts of the state.

Some common things I’ve noticed about the scam ads. It’s usually just one photo, very little description, the bikes always look perfect, and the price is too good to be true.

Back