Make Offer - Husbands 650 xs for sale

JRspoons

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Hello, new here. Not sure I'm posting in correct place. But my husband passed away and I am trying to sale his xs650 Yamaha it's 1981, I think around 14k miles. It ran when we put it in the barn. Last summer one of my son's( both live out of state) went and started it with a battery from another bike. He said it started fairly easily (.not first try). Any way he purchased it to make something else from it? Was excited cuz it ran well, and had low miles comparitively to others available. Can someone with more knowledge than I give me a idea on value ? I would give phone # but I'm unsure if I suppose to here. I have the title, and the bike isn't best up, I'll try to get pics. Thank you so much in advance for any help

Running titled bikes in north west start about 1500? But without pics it's a bit hard to guess.

Moved thread to classifieds. Yes best to not give phone until you get a feel for buyer. Private messages good. Be sure you set notify to on.

here's how to set preferences so you get notified when someone PM's you or replies to your thread.
Click on your screen name like I did for mine here;

screenshot(1).png
Then put checks in the lines with red circles.
screenshot(2).png
Good luck with sale!

Ok I took a few pic, unfortunately I could not figure how to get them in original post, after half hour I gave up, so I'm posting here. They are not best pics, someone moved the bike, so I had very little space.

Attachments

• IMG_20220423_182538098.jpg
    IMG_20220423_182538098.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 339
  • IMG_20220423_182452409.jpg
    IMG_20220423_182452409.jpg
    243.8 KB · Views: 346
  • IMG_20220423_182727218.jpg
    IMG_20220423_182727218.jpg
    255 KB · Views: 333
  • IMG_20220423_182749862.jpg
    IMG_20220423_182749862.jpg
    216 KB · Views: 323
  • IMG_20220423_182910290.jpg
    IMG_20220423_182910290.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 304
Looks reasonable the red faded to white on the speedo shows it's spent some time outside. Don't see any rust, a big plus.
Not a lot out there in your area
https://seattle.craigslist.org/search/sss?query=xs650
If you aren't in a hurry start mebby at $3,000 post on CL and facebook.
You can always lower the price if you don't get any action.

Silver tank means it's most likely a 1981 XS650 SH (Special) if that helps...
Good luck. :)

Looks reasonable the red faded to white on the speedo shows it's spent some time outside. Don't see any rust, a big plus.
Not a lot out there in your area
https://seattle.craigslist.org/search/sss?query=xs650
If you aren't in a hurry start mebby at $3,000 post on CL and facebook.
You can always lower the price if you don't get any action.
Ok, ty for your suggestions, I appreciate the help

Try to get help moving the bike to a driveway , street or yard where you can get better pictures. Dust it off, or hose it down and dry it. Get lots of pictures but use only 3 or 4 (?) for your ad. Some prospects may ask for more pics, then you will have them.

The mileage is a plus
I don't know of the US market ..But the prices and market action here is considerably higher from Now till 2 -- 3 weeks into July.
A buyer typically want to ride right now . Unless it is in need of work which this one does not seem to need.
When market stalls more or less and sales are more difficult at lower prices.

I also think you could consider to have it in a starting condition . If your sons have the Possibility to make it happen.
A starting bike always commands a higher price than a non starter For which the buyer must factor in the risk
That is less if he can start it and / or take it for a test ride ..
Not talking about putting in work .or service costs . Most experienced buyers still feels more comfortable if it start and so
Even if it runs uneven.

If Garys number is right $ 3000 # 7 which it probably is he is experienced and do a lot of Deals
I think it can be down to half of that here for a non starter winter price. mid Dec
Perhaps even lower.
But again I dont know the US market

Hello, new here. Not sure I'm posting in correct place. But my husband passed away and I am trying to sale his xs650 Yamaha it's 1981, I think around 14k miles. It ran when we put it in the barn. Last summer one of my son's( both live out of state) went and started it with a battery from another bike. He said it started fairly easily (.not first try). Any way he purchased it to make something else from it? Was excited cuz it ran well, and had low miles comparitively to others available. Can someone with more knowledge than I give me a idea on value ? I would give phone # but I'm unsure if I suppose to here. I have the title, and the bike isn't best up, I'll try to get pics. Thank you so much in advance for any help
Truly sorry for your loss

Back