Any info on this Awesome looking Scrambler?

Saggs

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was looking thru a scrambler build thread on a UK (?) 650 site and someone threw this picture of a scrambler but no more info. Does anyone know any more about this great looking bike? I'm looking to build one myself but wanted to get some more info on the pipes, the tank, and the seat specifically. I like the drum brake and paint scheme!

Attachments

• 650 scrambler.jpg
    650 scrambler.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 152
It's a Heiwa Motorcycles build: http://www.heiwa-mc.jp/

EDIT: It's a Big Moon bike as noted below.

The tank is custom, so replicating it will cost you as much as the whole bike. Obviously a custom seat and electrical box, pipes, 18's front and rear, and what look to be trials bars. Rearseats, turn signals mounts (simple to do), lighting all unique stuff.

You can buy the electrical box from Japan but its like $500, the seat will be about $380 or so, pipes could be done by any number of custom exhaust builders for $250 or so. Rear-sets, signals, and lighting might cost another $300+. You see where I'm going with this...

Unless you build everything yourself, you'll end up with $2,000 in parts real quick.

Last edited:
Thx for the info! I'll check the site out, looking to get some ideas for a home build I want to do. It certainly wont be a twin to that one but i like all the different ideas they have going on there. I saw a 74 Yamaha SC 500 (2 stroke mx bike) that had an awesome looking tank on it, maybe I can source one of those up for my project:shrug:

Id use a dt250 tank, some scrambler pipes from gordon scott, make the seat yourself,
and paint it up!

Thx for the guidance Tron, I'll look into that. I can weld,paint and spin wrenches so i should be able to save a few pennies:thumbsup:

Back