Back to work after a rough winter

mikethedruid

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, the winter here in Rhode Island was as bad as I can remember. In many ways it was worse than 1978 when we had the famous blizzard that dumped 3 feet of snow on the level in my yard. At least that year that was the only blizzard. Other than that it was small snow storms. This winter, here in Providence, we had 4 blizzards which each dumped more than a foot of snow, up to almost 2 feet. It was brutal and relentless, and the last of the snow piles are still around. Still, today was warm; I was tempted to begin work on my '81 Heritage again. If you remember, last year I had lost the spark. I replaced the coil, but that didn't fix the problem. I was going to work on the ignitor module, and was trying to figure out how to remove the battery box when the weather turned foul, and I had to move the snowblower to the front of the garage, and leave off the bike. At any rate, today I gave in, moved things back around, and worked on the bike all day. By the time I was through, I had the new ignitor in, and tried to get the bike to start. It wanted to, but now I think the carbs are fouled. I could not clear them after the ignitor died, couldn't start the bike, so, the gas sat in them. Tomorrow I will make sure. I'll get some ether, and see it it tries even more to start. If that is the case, I'll rip off the carbs and see if they are up to rebuilding again. If not it's new carb time.

quit yer whinin' or I'll send the Canadians down there with their polar bears and penguins :laugh: yes sounds like it's carb cleaning time, hope you get it going believe it or not Spring is on the way :bike:

Attachments

• S6300485.JPG
    S6300485.JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 119
For sure jayel................we love our polar bears................mostly we keep them around for their entertainment value.

Yeah winter sucks, but us Canuks have our wintersports to break up the monotony. Damn, why don't those women put on more clothes when they go outside:D

Attachments

• Canadian Winter Sports.jpg
    Canadian Winter Sports.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 133
  • Polar bears.gif
    Polar bears.gif
    113.8 KB · Views: 119
Back