big fin big bore cylinder

Hairball27

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
does anybody have any experience with the 80 mm big fin jug from XS650.com ?https://yamahaxs650.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/FilHE465.jpg
FilHE465.jpg

AFAIK these are made by the same supplier that's built the big bores sold by various venders "forever". That's really how this has worked for decades, Mike Legrand sources venders in the "far east" that make parts to fit the XS, then sells and resells to other venders. There's a long story but that can mostly be found elsewhere 'round here.

Beyond the tight stud holes (30min fix), the kits do look and feel very nice quality.

But I am also pushin the same boat as Gary - motor is built (mines in the bike) but havnt got it up and running yet. There have been a few bikes on here that were built with those kits and I don’t know of any issues reported.

If they are the same as the other vendors sell - Mikes, Heiden, 650 Central then they are fine. Used one on the long rod motor I have told you about no troubles at all. The last one I installed (thank you Gary) had the stud hole problem apart from that all good. Because of Covid there is no racing here so the last install has only been started needs to be run in.

Last edited:
Back