Big Bore Big Block Kit i just found on a new source!

Sounds like the exact same kit as other vendors sell, and even the same power claims. Nothing wrong with that though!
One thing I have been thinking about, is why Heiden and others do not choose to get Nikasil coated barrels instead of steel liners. Nikasil has several advantages, which include wear resistance, better cooling and less weight.

That's a fair bit cheaper than Mikes offering... and Mikes drops the free shipping if you add it to the cart. :(
Your terms say free shipping over $150. That include this kit?

Untitled.png

Well, if it is then where are those original type Commando mufflers he's been talking about for ages?

See - Yamahaxs650.com for complete web site of all products.
Check out the prices ! All prices subject to change without notice, we have promotional items and loss leaders.
We have 350 big bore kits in stock and good inventory of most items. You haters need to buy or stop complaining.

Joe Lesperance

See - Yamahaxs650.com for complete web site of all products.
Check out the prices ! All prices subject to change without notice, we have promotional items and loss leaders.
We have 350 big bore kits in stock and good inventory of most items. You haters need to buy or stop complaining.
Joe Lesperance

Reading through the thread, i saw a post calling/telling members to stop being haters, thought to myself, this isn't a good start to opening up a business and looking for customers. When all that was questioned, was the nature and context of the thread, relating to weather the OP was the owner or just an smart observer trying to help out his fellow members.........good to see it has been removed

All prices subject to change without notice........in other words if you buy something going by the price advertised, the price may have changed between what is advertised and by the time you go to pay for it.

Stating this is today's business practice, but all it really means is, if the seller isn't organized and changes his prices when he should, the customer is mislead into thinking they are getting something for a price that is no longer valid........this puts the onus onto the customer and not the dealers poor organization.

Good business practice would be to sell for the price advertised.

Not a hater, just going by the attitude in previous threads, and with the deleted post today, and having posted the quote above, i err on the side of caution

Prices are changed on the site when We Wish so the site price IS the price and NOT the price the day before.
Not buying when the price is right would be your problem. If you order you pay by pay pal/ credit card at that
time and at the listed price - yes we are looking for customers but not of some type. Mike Lalonde told us that many
times customers he didn't KowTow to threatened to buy from a west coast supplier and he told them that
they should - months later they would realize that the cost was Very Much higher but never seemed to realize
that the west coast supplier was supplied by Mike. Mike is unable to walk and has many physical problems
as he reaches 70 but his memory is as sharp as ever. There are NO plans to change the prices but someday
it will happen. Deleting posts you do not like is your right but the shoe fits fairly often. In the meantime we ask
you to check all the prices, compare and give us your honest comments. I am sure some will scrape up a few
negative posts but we intend to do our best. Since this site is dominated by about six members I am sure you
will go with their decisions.

good post @650trader if you'd lose that last line...
Seriously any idea of when you will have early mufflers in stock?
Sorry to hear about Mike's physical difficulties.
I agree skulls post is over the top.

Prices are changed on the site when We Wish so the site price IS the price and NOT the price the day before.
Not buying when the price is right would be your problem. If you order you pay by pay pal/ credit card at that
time and at the listed price - yes we are looking for customers but not of some type. Mike Lalonde told us that many
times customers he didn't KowTow to threatened to buy from a west coast supplier and he told them that
they should - months later they would realize that the cost was Very Much higher but never seemed to realize
that the west coast supplier was supplied by Mike. Mike is unable to walk and has many physical problems
as he reaches 70 but his memory is as sharp as ever. There are NO plans to change the prices but someday
it will happen. Deleting posts you do not like is your right but the shoe fits fairly often. In the meantime we ask
you to check all the prices, compare and give us your honest comments. I am sure some will scrape up a few
negative posts but we intend to do our best. Since this site is dominated by about six members I am sure you
will go with their decisions.

It wasn't me that deleted the post......was it !!!!

here is my background........I was buying off of MikesXS back before XS650 was up and running, over 11 years ago), bought thousands of $ of gear from him. A couple of mates and myself who were living in close proximity, (within 2 hours of each other, Aussie is a big place), would pool our buying resources and order one shipment so we would save on Postage. Amazing how much that saved us.

Mikes used to offer Overseas free postage, and i started buying just around that time, (think i got one order in), when he discontinued doing it. On the old 650 rider site at the later stages of the site, (about the last year or just before), Mike Lalonde was posting, letting people know when a new shipment was due in due to people asking about out of stock parts and when MikesXS was going to restock. It was good to be able to know as it was impossible to get answers through the MikesXS site. Better for him as it reached a big part of the XS community and word of mouth would reach a lot more and saved all that time wasted on emails.........not that Mike would do emails as such.....so it worked both ways..........One of the comments he posted was he loved selling to Aussies because if there was a problem, ( meaning slight fitment issues and minor things that wouldn't affect the function of the component or surrounding components), then usually they would adapt and make things work rather than complain and bitch. Because he was selling his parts at very reasonable prices and buying by the container load he was restricted with quality control and sometimes us as customers would have to wear it, (to a point), as the price was the offset to the odd problem.

Mike Lalonde was hounded off the 650 rider site by a couple of members who had an ongoing personal Gripe.........Mike not being the type to grin and bear it stopped posting, and that was that.

Have never bought from MikesXS since Mike L sold it and prices increased and quality seemed to go in reverse as the new owners found other resources for some products.........yes i know they were still getting their bulk from Mike, but they also screwed Heiden Tuning who also went their own way where they could.

I understand and do ask some hard questions. Bought a lot off ebay and questions were the big difference between getting a bad deal and a good one. How a person answered, or if i asked 3 questions and they answered 2 or 1 then i had to decide if they had a reason not to answer the other questions. Usually i would ask another 3 questions with the 2 that i had already asked and a new one. if they avoided the old and answered the new, i wouldn't wast my time and would rather miss out that get a bad deal........

Business practice is what makes a business.........posting a disclaimer, as one of the first things you post about your new site, makes me want to step back and let others go first. Doesn't make you or your business suspect or wrong, i just see a start up as welcoming, not starting on a defensive footing.

If you feel defensive from some of the comments, maybe think about what you have been saying for the last couple of years about this new venture and the complaints, from yourself about your problems with setting it up and such. especially when their have been people on here wanting to buy from you when you have been complaining of all your stock but can t sell because you don't have a site set up........

Well you have a site set up now, and i have said my piece......as i said before good luck..........no i go by my decisions and experiences and unless i am wrong about some issue or such, no one else is going to convince me to go with their decisions.......

Back