Bracket for brembo rear brake

stiannb

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know were I can buy a bracket to put on a Brembo rear brake?

Like "jdizon" have put on his pocket rocket.

I'm working on a front swap to Ducati monster and there is double Brembo front brake on, so I want symmetry front and rear.

The bike has disc brakes rear as stock.

Last edited:
Does anybody know were I can buy a bracket to put on a Brembo rear brake?

Like "jdizon" have put on his pocket rocket.

I'm working on a front swap to Ducati monster and there is double Brembo front brake on, so I want symmetry front and rear.

The bike has disc brakes rear as stock.

If you are mounting a Brembo caliper on the rear of an XS650, take a look at my album on this site. You can make your own adapter bracket.

Stian,
If your Xs has stock rear brake, then a Brembo from a Ducati with top mounted rear caliper is what you want (They used to come in both top and bottom mount versions, quite obvious when looking at the Brembo lettering on the caliper)
I am not sure that a Brembo rear caliper will fit over the stock XS disc, as Ducati rear discs are 4 or 5 mm thick. But I would not hesistate to machine the stock XS disc down a bit, both thickness and diameter. The bracket should be pivoting on the wheel axle, and bolted to the stock stay. This means that any stock spacer will need shortening, or replacing. The best would be a one piece spacer/caliper bracket. 10 mm thick 6020T6 or 6082T6 aluminium alloy should be a good material for a caliper bracket.
If you feel like spending a lot, ISR make some really cool and light rear calipers with integrated bracket for 220 and for 250 mm discs.

full

Here is a Monster caliper over a stock xs rotor. I haven't ridden it yet but there it all fits without turning the rotor down.

That's the bracket and stay from Omars, right ? How on earth do you get hold of one of those things ? I can't find them anywhere on his site.

Back