Cafe Racer is on Discovery HD tonight.....

mrpink

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
8pm from what I recall. Looks to be a cool show about cafe style bikes and riders.....

My DVR is set.

p!nK

Looks like it will be a cool series. The first one was a sort of history on the cafe racer lifestyle- from here on out they have some builds going which should be interesting to watch. One quick mention of the XS650 as a possible build bike.

p!nK

I haven't had tv since the government decided too switch to digital broad cast tv.

i have the digital antenna.
i get the over the air digital signals for a one time outlay of $40 but that doesn't get me discovery channel.

I haven't had tv since the government decided too switch to digital broad cast tv.

lol. Me neither. My channels twinkled out one by one until they were all gone.... And as a result I have taken up reading again, with a passion.

The actual show seemed kinda lame to me. The part about an electric cafe racer...get real that's now what motorcyclings is about. Also could they have wasted any more time showing the haggling over that cb450? That junk yard operator...what an A$$.

I got the government coupon so the box was only $10. My antenna won't pull in a strong enough signal. Live in a hole on top of a big hill. I could get cable or a satellite, but to cheap.

I have to say it isn't quite what I had expected. It jumped around a little too much... glad they are showing stuff about bikes but it could be better

"I think it is Mike's deal. Not 100% sure, maybe 90% sure. Mike is a nice guy but let's be fair he makes his living being a moto-journalist and the chopper thing was good to him, now he is trying to make lightening strike twice with the cafe thing and it is his right. I personally don't like this whole motorcycle as a lifestyle culture thing, it should just be about bikes and not how big your quiff is or how many studs/rocker patches/59 club stickers you have. By the way Discovery HD is a pay to play network - meaning people make shows and then pay discovery HD to air them. " @ caferacer.n*t

I've read a lot of reactions from different forums. To reiterate, this is a marketing of "lifestyle" not the bike itself, much like the mainstream chopper craze.

Back