Charging system T/S video

Bad (new?) reg/rec, bad NEW rotor from Mikes. Is it any wonder folks have trouble fixing an XS charging problem? Sheesh.
You can't fix stuff by throwing "bad" new parts at it. Sadly, we see too much of that 'round these parts...
Fwiw, the owner putting a bad rotor in because Mikes sent him one is on him. Ya gotta test shit 'fore you install it... as much as possible anyway.

And Mikes freight charges are always way to high every time you buy their china parts?

On plus side it was a nice explanation to the charging system :)
That was actually the reason I posted it. I get a lot of MikesXS parts. They’re fast responders and without them it’s much more difficult to keep an XS650 going. You just have to be careful.

Those garbage charging rotors are sold by quite a few vendors. A rewind is the only viable option.

So far all my xs’s have had good working charging systems - working a ‘78 engine right now however so far it’s only been dismantled - as I go along will check parts that need replacement - hopefully my charging system is good.

So far all my xs’s have had good working charging systems - working a ‘78 engine right now however so far it’s only been dismantled - as I go along will check parts that need replacement - hopefully my charging system is good.
If not, we know someone who rewinds rotors.

Back