Chinese copy of waterproof boots.

xjwmx

XS650 Guru
Top Contributor
Reaction score
I bought some waterproof boots that are the epitome of Chinese design and manufacturing genius.

Being rubber, it takes genius to make them not waterproof. But they are not waterproof. I don't see how water could be coming in, but they are not waterproof. They are pure genius. Just a touch of rubber in the wrong place would have ruined the whole thing.

I think your feet sweat.
"agony of useless product erase joy of bargain price"
Ancient Chinese proverb

I considered that as an explanation initially, but my feet stay dry indoors. They only get wet in the snow.

It must be some new porous rubber they've developed for waterproof boots. It's the only explanation. It is so characteristic of them, but it takes it to a different level. I was wringing water out of my socks in admiration.

Way better than rubber that must be fuel proof which dissolves in fuel. That's easy.

full
[/IMG]

Don't buy Chinese waterproof boots until they become waterproof under certain conditions Because it is a trivial feature for your guru to add if he truly loves you...

No matter how much you love the Chicoms if it isn't returned you'll lose. And they don't love us. At least they clearly don't love me.

I just moved and our new property has some swampy areas, poison ivy, and lots of woods. We hike the trails almost daily and I wanted some good water proof boots. I did my research and bought some Muck Boots. Yeah, they were expensive, but I can walk all day in those things and they keep my feet dry in whatever I might track through.

xjwmx, If you had done real work in boots before you would know that skimping on quality work, (any for that matter), footwear :doh: is bad for your feet/back and your whole body in general.

That would imply buy the $300 ignition instead of the $100 one.

About boots and working outdoors, we are making history and the international news working in the harshest environment on Earth. Saying to me "If you'd done real work outdoors..." is like saying to someone who worked on Hoover Dam "If you'd done real work with concrete..." Ok maybe not the harshest on Earth, not sure. Harsher than Oz though.

We wear either Mucks or $50 boots from Kmart or Walmart. Wearers or each seem equally happy.

What I want is more $50 Toro construction boots from Gonzales Western Wear in Austin, TX. Best boot available at any price in my opinion. Hecho en Mexico. Trucked in in small quantities or something. I would buy four pairs of those for the price of one pair of Ropers and each pair would be better than the Ropers.

And they look better than Ropers, or Georgia Boots or.... No big clunky toe. I would try to get Gonzales to send me some but I don't think their English is good enough.

^Mucks are common up here and you can buy them just up the road. One of the few things you can buy just up the road up here.

I think the water might be condensation. One reason is I was standing in black water for some time but my socks didn't get black.

I think well-oiled leather boots would be the best all in all. I think the best leather boots in the world are Toro brand Mexican boots but they have no distribution outside Austin, TX that I can find.

One thing about wetness is you can counter it with wool. Still feel wet, but not cold. I have a bunch of Elder brand socks, 50% wool, 50% polypropylene. Thick weight. $6 for a pack of two pairs at Home of Economy.

In the uk I have never found properly waterproof boots so I always wear sealskin socks completely waterproof top of your calf you don't sweat excellent bit of kit

Back