CL trick in Chrome Firefox and IE

gggGary

If not now, When?
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
When looking at the pictures in a craigslist ad, we all struggle with trying to "read the tea leaves" what the heck shape is that thing in, how rusty is it etc. Here's a trick I found.

This seems to work best (largest pics) in Chrome but you will see larger pics in firefox and Internet explorer also This is much better than the "blow up the photo size" utilities that make the pic bigger but with no increase in resolution.

With Chrome;
Hoover the pointer over the photo you are interested in, right click, click open image in a new tab, click on that tab and the picture is shown in it's native size, often much larger than the pic in the ad box. hoover again and if a + in circle is there you can toggle to an even bigger sized image, much easier to see the details!

With Firefox:
Hoover the pointer over the photo you are interested in, right click, click view image, and the picture opens in a larger size if available, often larger than the pic in the ad box. Easier to see the details!

With Internet explorer

Hoover the pointer over the thumbnail of the photo you are interested in, not the bigger version of the photo in the box, right click, click on open link in new tab, click on that tab and the picture is shown larger than the pic in the ad box. Much easier to see the details!

Sure beats a drive in the van to find out the small pics were hiding signs of a POS.
Share how this works for you you or if you already knew this "trick".

Hey, gggGary. CL images have always worked oddly on my tablet.

90% of the time, when I click on a thumbnail, it replaces the entire screen with the full size image, then I have to do a 'back' to go back to the original listing. A PITA. The other 10% of the time, it will display properly in the CL ad box.

I thought this was a natural feature (shortcoming?) of CL. Maybe the lister failed some operation that allowed those ad box displays.

So, I tried the 'press-and-hold' (same as your right-click) on the thumbnail, then the sub-menu pops up.
I simply 'escape' outta that, and from then onward the CL displays work correctly.

Probably just a glitch (feature?) of my tablet's browser.

So, in a roundabout way, your little 'tip' cured MY unique problem. Thanx...:thumbsup:

Back