Does anyone know where to find these signal sockets?

yamimoto

All torque no action!
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
These sockets were in the front signals of a 1980 parts bike I purchased recently. They are 1157 sockets, in great shape and even have the fastening down tab attached to them for installation with the 2 small screws in the turn signal and of course they were wired into the headlight bucket presumably as running/turn signal lights. The wires running from them are light enough to go through the hollow stud too.I was very happy to find these and would like some more as this is one of my future projects for both front and rear. Does anyone know where these can be sourced? Perhaps they're from a another bike? I have looked everywhere I can think of and can't find them.
Thanks,
Yamimoto

Attachments

• Samsung Pictures 285.jpg
    Samsung Pictures 285.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 68
These sockets were in the front signals of a 1980 parts bike I purchased recently. They are 1157 sockets, in great shape and even have the fastening down tab attached to them for installation with the 2 small screws in the turn signal and of course they were wired into the headlight bucket presumably as running/turn signal lights. The wires running from them are light enough to go through the hollow stud too.I was very happy to find these and would like some more as this is one of my future projects for both front and rear. Does anyone know where these can be sourced? Perhaps they're from a another bike? I have looked everywhere I can think of and can't find them.
Thanks,
Yamimoto

Hi Yamimoto,
most likely those signals came off the front of an XS1100 Standard.

Thanks fredintoon. That will make finding 2 more much easier. Too bad I didn't know that a couple of days ago. I was talking with a couple of XS1100 guys who I don't know how to find again.
Yamimoto

- - - I was talking with a couple of XS1100 guys who I don't know how to find again.
Yamimoto

hi Yamimoto,
If you want complete Yamaha twin filament front turn signals here's a clip from Andreas Weiss' parts for sale ad in the XS11.com site:-
"no calls after 8pm pacific if calling 1 250 495 3445,"
You could phone Andreas or sign up with the XS11 site:-
http://www.xs11.com/
And go to "XS/XJ 1100 parts for sale" to see what's available there.
Andreas got most things XSive and he's a good guy to deal with.

Hey fredintoon you're making my life way too easy. Will definitely check it out.
Thanks a bunch.
Yamimoto

Back