Doms XS650B US import

So is balancing wheels often ignored, what's the thinking and science behind that then?
On a bicycle no balancing is required: light wheel combos / low relative speeds.
A motorcycle wheel is a higher mass of spinning rubber & metal; and small imbalances will be more obvious and dangerous at higher speeds. I always get my wheel / tire combo balanced at the tire store. Safety first etc..
At low speed it’s probably ok not to balance as Raymond say.

It's a load of cobblers.
I've noticed a lot of badly balanced wheels over the years.
Eh?
are you saying balancing wheels Is cobblers?
Or balancing wheels Is worthwhile?

So I did a little Ebay purchasing, this weekends bit of fun is going to be making a wheel balancing stand
I made one out of an old swingarm off a junk bike. Set it up to fold down for storage. Works awesome! 191AAC5F-80A1-447E-9F05-EA5AF61F36F5.jpegD206B592-AA6D-456A-9D29-C791681E4A2E.jpeg

Congrats on your bike Dom. Done a nice job bringing it back.

Shame about your painter and the hassles. I wouldn't be happy with the do over either. Those decals are not straight.

Bad luck and an off day, or the guy isn't as professional as his rep

Congrats on your bike Dom. Done a nice job bringing it back.

Shame about your painter and the hassles. I wouldn't be happy with the do over either. Those decals are not straight.

Bad luck and an off day, or the guy isn't as professional as his rep
Nope, not happy either considering his reputation, I'm not sure I'd be recommending him to be honest but I'm at a point where I've got to be happy wurh what I've got for the price paid. As far as I'm concerned I could have got the decals better aligned and a better finish. Weird really as he seems to have a good rep.

Cracking job Dom, I’m picking my tank up next week from same painter and hope it looks as good as yours. Cheers
Paul
Is yours an xs1 or xs2 tank? I saw it there if it is, to be fair from what I saw it looked great but I'd check the hardness of the lacquer

Is that chez vous, @Dom? Got some great sheds going on there.

Love the paint, love the black number plate - Miss November has sommat similar.

Suggestion - if you should ever decide to replace the silencers, could do worse than look at the Dunstal-style ones Feked has, such as these:

https://www.feked.com/universal-reverse-cone-silencer-28-id-35-41mm.html
It is indeed at my house Raymond, I built the shepherds hut years ago before they were really a 'thing', the kids use it if they have mates over and the oldest two when back from uni/Manchester. The lean-to houses my parrots.

Does my paint job look that bad @650Skull ? Some of the alignment might be the angle I've taken the photo at.

It is indeed at my house Raymond, I built the shepherds hut years ago before they were really a 'thing', the kids use it if they have mates over and the oldest two when back from uni/Manchester. The lean-to houses my parrots.

Does my paint job look that bad @650Skull ? Some of the alignment might be the angle I've taken the photo at.

Hey Dom,

I thought it might be the photo angle for a start but it was bugging me. Looked at a few 75's and it is definately to high at the front and the bottom line of the graphics should follow the line of the bottom of the tank.

Have a look at the 75's in the ID thread.

As for the paint job I haven't seen a close pic so can't say. If your happy with it then alls well and good.

The bike looks great and you should be proud of your work and enjoy riding it.

Hey Dom,

I thought it might be the photo angle for a start but it was bugging me. Looked at a few 75's and it is definately to high at the front and the bottom line of the graphics should follow the line of the bottom of the tank.

Have a look at the 75's in the ID thread.

As for the paint job I haven't seen a close pic so can't say. If your happy with it then alls well and good.

The bike looks great and you should be proud of your work and enjoy riding it.
I think it's the photo angle and the sunlight to be honest, I've had another look and it's pretty parallel.

Back