English and Grammar

ENGLISH AND GRAMMAR

Not to get the post back on the grammar thing but i just read it and thought it was a little funny, I'm in college and just finished 20 straight hours :banghead: of writing a 20 page historiographical essay on Pearl Harbor. (if you don't know what that is look it up, i didn't know what it was either till i had to do one :D ) if you think 5twins was hard on grammar you should try to write a paper for Dr. Butler at Flagler College. He once told us he went through all the ink in a brand new red pen correcting our papers! :eek: and he teaches History! its not even English. :wtf: Anyway just thought it was funny and wanted to rant a little about school. I think I'm still a little delirious from lack of sleep :laugh: BRING ON THE CHOPPIN!!! :bike:

:wtf: That's one thing you should never have to say in any forum:
"Sorry to get this thread back on-topic" :laugh:

...jesus h christ, and i thought i was bringing it back on topic too...:banghead:-me doing a crash-

haha.. here's me doing a crash.. "good day everyone! :banghead:" :wink2:

You were bringing the forum back on topic, Rusty was bringing the thread back on topic...

- could be how gramma met grampa

mcmchop.jpg

This picture looks like it was taken from the English bike mag "Back Street Heroes" they have run a whole series of amusing doctered pictures with a funny story to them. Just sold all mine at a garage sale and you can't get them in WA.:banghead:

Nice toy Mr INXS!

Long time ago there was a dude called the Michigan Madman who ran a FI 327 via a belt...in the 60's I think. 750 Enfield front end, I don't remember the rest.

I agree with the entire dialogue regarding punctuation...I think everybody was right. Yes, it's important, but only sometimes. yes, it's rude to criticize. When great precision is necessary it can be vital to spell and punctuate with precision...but this place is more like a neighborhood bar... Breath... there's no hurry.

Best!

This is posted mostly as satire> https://archive.org/details/cu31924026640908 aka Fowler, "The King's English". This was/is the classical tome. All insufferable 388 pages. It was my grammar text at school. I dreaded the quizzes... But if anybody gets tired of having a good time and screwing around with bikes, or has trouble getting to sleep...it's just the cat's pajamas... (my school days were highly varied... I never graduated from any school past the 9th grade...)

(fair disclosure, I did time, was invited into, some graduate English classes "theory of creative writing" and such nonsense. If you want to write really beautiful prose, locate the authors whose style pleases you, and copy down their work in longhand and learn to imitate it...after that do the same for the works you like less, but which are well-regarded... Oh, yes, there is no theory of creative writing...you wanna write? Write. Copy and develop your own ability to precis, then go on to find your "voice"...good writing is mostly re-writing...but it's also mostly the will to do it. It cannot be forced. It's art ferchristsakes.. Ok END)

Back