Fired up found a running beauty to bob

In Canada it doesn't matter what u do to a vehicle as long as u have registration papers chop away until you get a vi. Then u pay 25 bucks and ur back on the road without doin a dam thing:laugh:

I tore down the bike yesterday and wow that wiring system was intense. I hope the new one is going to go in without trouble. Half the lights r going back on any who. I've decided I'm hard tailing it. More my style. The next one will be a cafe racer with a bigger motor. What are thoughts on the air bag solo seat dampening. Worth it? Or get the springs?

:thumbsup:

In Canada it doesn't matter what u do to a vehicle as long as u have registration papers chop away until you get a vi. Then u pay 25 bucks and ur back on the road without doin a dam thing

I tore down the bike yesterday and wow that wiring system was intense. I hope the new one is going to go in without trouble. Half the lights r going back on any who. I've decided I'm hard tailing it. More my style. The next one will be a cafe racer with a bigger motor. What are thoughts on the air bag solo seat dampening. Worth it? Or get the springs?

Last edited:
In Canada it doesn't matter what u do to a vehicle as long as u have registration papers chop away until you get a vi. Then u pay 25 bucks and ur back on the road without doin a dam thing

In British Columbia it doesn't matter what u do to a vehicle as long as u have registration papers chop away until you get a vi. Then u pay 25 bucks and ur back on the road without doin a dam thing

Fixed that for you. The wet blanket insurance companies in Ontario go apoplectic if you so much as change a shock. If they'll insure anything over 30 years old in the first place.

My 83 Heritage Special, is a Canadian import (brand new), and that has the Drum rear mag as well.

I think the Canadian models have the Mags with the drum rear. Hard to get much info from there about that.

I can unequivocally state that Canadian Heritage Specials have the drum rear mag.

Someone really wanted the cars behind to see him stopping according to the original picture.

I don't mean to be beating this dead horse again, but come on guys. You all need to start a "Save the XS650's" group like the save the whales people. There is nothing wrong with chopping up ANY xs650. They were a reliable, decent performing bike that had no real outstanding qualities. They did everything OK, and nothing spectacular.

I love both of my XS's as much as anybody, but they were made to chop. If you love stock bikes, great for you, but don't tell someone else what they should do with their bike.

Yama Chop as much as I hate chopped bikes I totally agree with you. He bought the bike and it is up to him what he wants to do with it. Go for it.

Back