First build swingarm bobber

Had a pretty productive weekend. Finished up the back of the seat frame and got my fender bolted up. Was going to fix up some top motor mounts but not sure if im going to. Have seen people not use top motor mounts and was thinking about doing the same. Any know if that would be a bad idea?

IMG_0217.jpg

IMG_0216.jpg

IMG_0219.jpg

IMG_0215.jpg

I know the fender doesnt look right but i have fixed it i just didnt take any pics. Still have to clean up the fender so ill post more pics when im done

Oh and the bars i got from Jump Street Customs. He got them done pretty quick and shipped right away and they look damn good.

Been a while since I have updated. My bike is currently running! I'm using Ex 500 carbs and currently working on jetting it properly. Running 140/40 jets currently based on what I have read on forums here. Since its a 750 kit i'm still trying different jets. About to put some 150/50 on it to see if it improves performance.

IMG_0562.jpg

What needles are you running in it right now? If you are running the original needles you are probably going to find out that you will never find just the right balance (rich pilots, lean needles and rich mains). MrRiggs has done quite a bit of testing and found the best performance on his bike with I believe 38 pilots, gjh needles on the 5th slot and 138 mains. I am now running 40 pilots, gfh needles on the 2nd slot (1/2 step richer than gjh on the 5th slot) along with 140 mains. I have no idea what my gas milage is but it runs very strong and I beat the piss out of it (hard acceleration, hole shots and lots of engine braking) when I am out playing around with my riding buddies (1 has a vn750 and the other has a zx-7). Also you may want to check for obstructions with those filters. I switched over to Uni PK-92 filters from K&N's and it "seems" to be smoother.

A change in needles will make a huge difference. I was just about to put in the same jets (50/150) when MrRiggs got involved. I went from the stock needles to JJH needles after he tried the JJJ needles. Since then others have gotten involved and it seems like the best setup is 38 or 40 piots/138 or 140 mains/gjh or gfh needles.

It has a 750 kit on it. The 50/150 with stock needles shimmed up seems to work very well. Been running great but gas mileage is pretty bad. im getting 20-25 miles per gallon. With the little peanut tank i just ride from gas station to gas station lol.

Back