First Time XS Build

Bsbobbers

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,
My name is Brandon and I am a small town builder out here in Denver CO. I recently picked up a 1978 XS650 bike, and converting it to a bobber as I do most bikes I builds. The bike in its current state is what most would describe as a basket case, mostly cause the fact half the parts when purchased are in a bucket. Hopefully this is where I can use your help and experience in the XS Field. I am starting pretty much from nothing but a frame and half put together motor. Im kind of wondering where to start, I have researched all the parts ad using my past motorcycle experience to help. I would like to get the bike running first to make sure I can use this motor, I already know I will need all of the new head nut kit but don't know the torque specs on the nuts. Following that The wire harness I have for the bike is pretty much trashed what can I use to just get the motor started? I already chopped the frame and have my hard tail kit ready to install so will I need to have a custom harness based on the slim electrical parts I am wanting to use (Head light, tail light, Custom Speedo). Also wanting a kickstart bike just due to the sweet vintage feel and look, whats the best way to convert the bike? Hopefully you guys can lend a hand on some of these items and help build my dream XS650 Bobber!

Back