F'n Bleeder!

mark

XS650 Member
Reaction score
snapped my bleeder right off my front caliper the other day. awesome. any tips as to how to get the damn threads out now with out loading the internals of the caliper up with metal shavings... p.s. id rather not replace the caliper due to hand painted art work on it...

They sell kits to fix broken bleeders at the parts store. Follow the directions. Fill the flutes on the drill bit with grease,this will catch all the metal from drilling.

If the bleeders are that corroded, what does the inside of the caliper look like? I would pull them apart for the job to and take a look at the inside.

if i did attempt to tear down this caliper, would i need seals and so on... to put it back together?

oh and i almost forgot, the grease on the drill bit is awesome idea, exactly what i love about these forums!! great idea!

Usually no parts if you are fairly careful.
These are simple not like some of the hotsy totsy sport bikes. but the odds are high the piston is rusty.

Yup, seems all the ones I have done (around 5) have needed a new piston. You can get by with a little pitting, but I like mine to be perfect. I mean it has to stop my fat butt. :yikes:

Usually no parts if you are fairly careful.
These are simple not like some of the hotsy totsy sport bikes. but the odds are high the piston is rusty.

Yup, seems all the ones I have done (around 5) have needed a new piston. You can get by with a little pitting, but I like mine to be perfect. I mean it has to stop my fat butt. :yikes:

And that's why we want you to take it apart, I have never taken one apart yet and said oh I didn't need to do that....

Back