For Sale - Grand daughter's 1980 XS650 Special needs rear fender and licence plate assy

sixofsix

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Grand daughter was rear ended while making a left in Ashcroft, British Columbia.
Rear fender and licence plate and light assy were squished.
Does anyone have a good used fender and licence plate/light assy they can part with?
She loves this bike and would like to get it fixed so she can ride it as soon as possible.
Will pay good money for the fender assy as described and shipping costs.
Help!
Tony MacNeill

I took him to understand the lic plate holder... which is also the lic plate light on the '80 and up Specials... was needed along with the fender.
'80 Special taillight is connected to the seat grab bar, not the fender. Doubtful that also got damaged? :umm:

OP Choose which bike represents your Daughters

80SG........................................................................................................................................................80G
1682988894531.png
1682988977861.png

We know Partzila ain't the be all to end all.... but they say the same fender fits both models... dunno...

Untitled.png

I took him to understand the lic plate holder... which is also the lic plate light on the '80 and up Specials... was needed along with the fender.
'80 Special taillight is connected to the seat grab bar, not the fender. Doubtful that also got damaged? :umm:

Oddly, the tail light assy had nary a scratch. Rear fender very badly crumpled and licence plate looks like someone balled it into a ...ball. Head light and rim also crunched when bike was pushed into my Norton tail light. Driver got two motorcycles that day. We were stopped and he pkowed into us. Said he was distracted. Anyways, will need used parts as obv. new parts not available. I figured the rear fender and licence plate lught/holder would be hardest to find...great site here. My grand daughter loves her XS650 so we gotta fix this one.

Oddly, the tail light assy had nary a scratch. Rear fender very badly crumpled and licence plate looks like someone balled it into a ...ball. Head light and rim also crunched when bike was pushed into my Norton tail light. Driver got two motorcycles that day. We were stopped and he pkowed into us. Said he was distracted. Anyways, will need used parts as obv. new parts not available. I figured the rear fender and licence plate lught/holder would be hardest to find...great site here. My grand daughter loves her XS650 so we gotta fix this one.
Your Granddaughter needs to join this forum. We need some of the fairer sex around here to help balance out some of the ugly putzes that hang out 'round these parts. ;)

'Sides... anyone who loves our XS' is welcome here.
Hope neither one of y'all got skinned up. Your Norton OK?
MikesXS has new headlight rims. Got one on my '80SG so I can vouch for it bein' a good fit.

We know Partzila ain't the be all to end all.... but they say the same fender fits both models... dunno...

View attachment 241894

SG has 3 mounting holes for the # plate light and the G has 4 for the Tailight/numberplate light. Also the bracing in the inside of the guard is different between the 2 as well. Wanted to put the G style tailigh on my SG guard and found where i had to drill the extra 2 holes missed the SG internal guard bracing. Could see cracks nmy future

Do you still need a license plate light?

Back