Had to do some upgrades to my bobber !!

TurboFarviknugn

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
After my fake oil tank split, decided it was time to fabricate what I wanted, while there decided to get rid of the battery and switch to the sparx capacitor as the battery area was needed for a oil catch can that was needed to cure my constant oil slick everywhere I park.
Oil tank a.jpg

July mods 1.jpg

July mods 2.jpg

July mods 3.jpg

July mods 4.jpg

July mods 5.jpg

Used a couple of dzus fasteners, designed it to follow the rear drop on the tail.

Then on to wiring it back into the new box ( I HATE ELECTRICAL WIRING ) and making the catch tank, I forgot to take pics of making it. I did take the breather valve off the back if the head and decided to open up the outlet, I added some secret squirrel perforated stainless steel baffling from a research facility a buddy works for.
July mods 10.jpg

July mods 11.jpg

July mods 12.jpg

July mods 13.jpg

July mods 14.jpg

Here is the finished product, I think it turned out pretty good if I do say so myself ! :laugh:
July mods 17.jpg

Took it for a shakedown run and met up with fellow San Antonio XS'er Avenue (Patrick) spent some time chatting and checking out each others bikes.

July mods 16.jpg

July mods 15.jpg

Nice thing was the 25 mile round trip cruise at freeway speeds 70 mph 4,000 rpm and not a drop of oil on the garage floor !!

SUCCESS !!! :bike:

Iowa, I have NO idea except vibration (in which case split ones should be all over the place) or just a bad piece of steel. The old one had just the 2 mounting points the new one has 4 mounting points.

Back