Hard to roll when cold. Brake pistion?

piston pits; very fine paper like 1000 grit, or rubbing compound, the idea is to remove any sharp, rubber cutting, edges.

I had two bikes that came with grease all over the bleeders. To a boy with a hammer everything looks like a nail.

Once the system is pressurized, the piston moves in and out very little. Pitting on the majority of it won't hurt a thing. Only the small area that slides through that square o-ring seal needs to be in good shape.

Thanks for all the help. I'm going to put it back together with what I've got. If I have any problems I'll order a new piston from Mikes XS and redo it. It's a pretty easy repair so I don't mind if I have to revisit it. I just had to do something right away because I was having a hard time even rolling it in and out of the garage with the stuck piston.

My brother rescued this bike. It had been sitting outdoors for many years and he cleaned it up and got it back on the road. I like to keep it going as it is part of the memory of times with him. There's a link to it from my profile page, but here it is if anyone's interested.

Back