height limit for a brat bobber??

I'm assuming you mean using a brat kit. Hacking off the ass and installing a new tail section. It really all depends on what you do with it. The length of the shocks and whether or not you run a rear fender will be the things to consider. On brats like you're talking about most use fairly short shocks, somewhere in the 10.5 to 11" range. That will get the low stance you're likely after. If I'm right I'd suggest some stiff shocks otherwise if your running a rear fender you'll likely bottom it out often. Even with stiff shocks you still will, but stiffer shocks will help a bit. What's your plans?

I'm assuming you mean using a brat kit. Hacking off the ass and installing a new tail section. It really all depends on what you do with it. The length of the shocks and whether or not you run a rear fender will be the things to consider. On brats like you're talking about most use fairly short shocks, somewhere in the 10.5 to 11" range. That will get the low stance you're likely after. If I'm right I'd suggest some stiff shocks otherwise if your running a rear fender you'll likely bottom it out often. Even with stiff shocks you still will, but stiffer shocks will help a bit. What's your plans?

I was planning on keeping the rear bumper but I wasn't thinking about bottoming it out alot..., I like the look of a bobber but not the feel of a hard tail. I'm just not sure if I'll fit on it comfortably once its done. thanks

It will be quite a bit lower
I ride my wifes bobber that has a modified monster kit every now and then and its not a problem really... but lower for sure... knew are just a bit up.... I'm 6'2" 225.

full

I don't really know what my bike would be considered as but I'm 6' 1" @ 210lbs and mine is pretty comfortable for riding around, buy definitely not a highway cruiser... I did however move the swing arm back 3" and the fender is mounted to it so the tire doesn't bottom out against it.

Attachments

• FB_20150319_21_26_52_Saved_Picture.jpg
    FB_20150319_21_26_52_Saved_Picture.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 259
Back