Help, I want to get off my bike...

mr5ev3n

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Hey gents,
First off, a big thanks to all the people cruising around this site helping out. I appreciate it as I'm sure other people do as well.
Second, I need a hand with an idea. I hardtailed my 650 and now would like a kickstand so I can get it off the blocks of wood.
Any hardtailers have any good ideas?

I cut a section out of mine then welded it back together at the angle it needed. Worked great and you can use the stock mount and spring

As of right now, mine sits on the stock stand. I do plan to modify it a bit (shorten) to make it more stable. Running a TC Bros rear end, 3" stretch, 5" ride height...

I used a 1/2" breaker bar cut, bent, welded, drilled and tapped for a spring. The whole thing was welded to a plate that bolts to the original exhaust mount. It's also my footpeg mount.

Attachments

• rsz_0312000557.jpg
    rsz_0312000557.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 177
Honda Rebel Kickstand. Buy one, make a 1/4" thick tab, and weld the tab onto the frame. Perfect fit... I've used them on several builds. Buy one on ebay with the hardware and spring... Use an allen head bolt for the top side of the spring, and you are set.

is you bike lowered? my bud's bike is lower than mine, and he has to be careful. but when I made my hardtail, I kept it stock height, so my side stand is fine. If you need your stand shorter, but you dont know how to weld, you can get it red hot and bend it out a bit.

Honda Rebel Kickstand. Buy one, make a 1/4" thick tab, and weld the tab onto the frame. Perfect fit... I've used them on several builds. Buy one on ebay with the hardware and spring... Use an allen head bolt for the top side of the spring, and you are set.

So the spring just hooks over the head of the pivot bolt? How can a "over-center" action be created by doing that?

Maybe I misunderstood?

If you weld the bolt or thread it into the frame in the proper location, you can get spring tension when the kickstand is up or down.

I'll try to get a few pics...

Heat it up and bend it out that way you retain your stock spring, you might want to cut abit off the part u push with your foot. but u can decide that.

Back