How do I replace one of the two throttle cables out of the junction box please?

clabedan

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Hi,
i have a XS2 (1972) with a 2 in 1 throttle cable going through a plastic junction box.
The right hand side cable(right carb) somehow disconnected itself from the junction box and became loose. i managed to take the top of the junction box off but can't see much and cannot manage to get the cable back in te right place.

3 options

1. i am totally useless :banghead:
2. I haven't tried hard enough :D
3. It´s impossible and I need to replace the whole set :wtf:

Question 2
i had quite a few lroblems with the 2 in 1... Cables being stuck etc
is there a way to have 2 seperate cables coming out of the switch?

Many thanks for your help ! :thumbsup:
Christophe

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 221
All the stock bikes from 70-75 used two separate cables. Just replace your throttle and housing for one from these years.
Leo

That maybe true, clabedan, more info on your bike will help us help you.
Leo

or some one in the past went with a single throttle up top, with a splitter. ala HD.
Ide look for stock setup. Even a cheapie from mikes would be ok. There isn't much tension on those cables, unlike the cable for the clutch, for wich mikes cables for clutches suck.

i have the stock carbs, mikuni BS38 Solex...

But before going into replacing the 2in1 by 2 cables, can anyone tell me if it is possible to reconnect the right hand side cable?
It´s not broken, it's just come off the junction box...

On my H1 Kawi the splitter was a one to three. It had an alloy body. You unhooked the cables from the carbs to get enough slack.
Unscrew the top of the junction. Pull the top away from the body. This lifted a disc that the lower cables hook into. Hook the cable back in like the other one. Reassemble and hook them back to the carbs.
Leo

Back