How to change the oil in your Harley

Had a customers 2011 H-D trike in my shop the other day for a front tire change and added an extra H-D Accesory brake light to the tour pak rack. Dismounted the front tire from wheel, as I was cleaning the bead area I noticed the "Made in China" stamped into the wheel. The accessory light had the "made in Taiwan" sticker!

I've heard Victory has replaced HD as the "made in America" bike?
But that was the opinion of a Victory person.

Harleys are like Honda Civics. Modified to be loud, draw attention.. but in the end are still SLOW. Ive heard people say "You dont buy a Harley to be fast" But the modifications are ones that are done to make a bike faster. Intake, compression, displacement, exhaust ect ect. Despite all these mods the big V twins are still slow. A co worker whom I recently told off was bashing my XS1100 while bragging up his custom built by him $70,000 chopper. It has a 1900cc Vtwin. He bragged it will run high 11s. I told the ass "Congrats- your bike runs what the 1978 stock XS1100 runs- oh and your big 1900cc V Twin also runs what a modern day 500cc crotch rocket runs" He said its not meant to be a race bike. I asked him if its not for racing then why build the motor with loud exh, no air filters, wide rear tire and compression requiring aviation fuel? He said beacuse its cool. The person who madfe the above funny video nailed it in his commentary. He said " I noticed some- not all but some Harley owners just plain hate any bike thats not a Harley and their owners"

MHARRINGTON AND DAROBERTS3 show me the pics of the Harley's you owned then we will talk Harley's. The both of you are talking out of your asses. My 2003 Deuce is 103 HO 120 hp at the rear wheel with 115 lb torque has a 6 speed Baker trans 10:1 compression, Zippers gear driven cam 577TC lift, 2into1 Bassani exhaust, 42 mikuni, big sucker intake and will walk away from your XS1100 like its standing still. You guys bash Harley's because you have inferiority complexes around them. Who cares it was made in China yours was made in Japan, maybe their cousins. Bikers are suppose to support oneanother not bash em. Get a clue dude get past your little egos or go buy a Harley.

Deuce

Last edited:
Oh whoa now BruceDuece. I've stayed out of this but that post.......
For someone crowing about accepting all riders you came down pretty hard.
Glad you like your chrome, if you think what you've paid to keep up with other stock bikes is worth it fine. But Harleys aren't the end all only lonelys. Lotsa nice bikes out there and dollar for dollar value, Harley sits on the bottom.
Go ahead and pull the "you gotta own one" card. I owned them before you were born probably. Still have a 95 Ultra in the shop which I enjoy. But when I want to aggitate I don't ride the Harley to find jap crap. I ride the XS and harrass Harley's. You may beat me BUT you aren't running a stock bike and you still will have to work for it.
Post up if you need the pics to verify what I say.
Or look at the mirror in the fall colors thread you may recognise it as made in Ti won.

Had a customers 2011 H-D trike in my shop the other day for a front tire change and added an extra H-D Accesory brake light to the tour pak rack. Dismounted the front tire from wheel, as I was cleaning the bead area I noticed the "Made in China" stamped into the wheel. The accessory light had the "made in Taiwan" sticker!

Harleys are like Honda Civics. Modified to be loud, draw attention.. but in the end are still SLOW. Ive heard people say "You dont buy a Harley to be fast" But the modifications are ones that are done to make a bike faster. Intake, compression, displacement, exhaust ect ect. Despite all these mods the big V twins are still slow. A co worker whom I recently told off was bashing my XS1100 while bragging up his custom built by him $70,000 chopper. It has a 1900cc Vtwin. He bragged it will run high 11s. I told the ass "Congrats- your bike runs what the 1978 stock XS1100 runs- oh and your big 1900cc V Twin also runs what a modern day 500cc crotch rocket runs" He said its not meant to be a race bike. I asked him if its not for racing then why build the motor with loud exh, no air filters, wide rear tire and compression requiring aviation fuel? He said beacuse its cool. The person who madfe the above funny video nailed it in his commentary. He said " I noticed some- not all but some Harley owners just plain hate any bike thats not a Harley and their owners"

Oh whoa now BruceDuece. I've stayed out of this but that post.......
For someone crowing about accepting all riders you came down pretty hard.
Glad you like your chrome, if you think what you've paid to keep up with other stock bikes is worth it fine. But Harleys aren't the end all only lonelys. Lotsa nice bikes out there and dollar for dollar value, Harley sits on the bottom.
Go ahead and pull the "you gotta own one" card. I owned them before you were born probably. Still have a 95 Ultra in the shop which I enjoy. But when I want to aggitate I don't ride the Harley to find jap crap. I ride the XS and harrass Harley's. You may beat me BUT you aren't running a stock bike and you still will have to work for it.
Post up if you need the pics to verify what I say.
Or look at the mirror in the fall colors thread you may recognise it as made in Ti won.

First off I wasnt talking to you. I named who I was talking to. Second you just proved your an asshole. Whats this about liking chrome? Paid to keep up with other bikes? I love all bikes. Who cares Im not running a stock bike. See thats the problem with you haters, worrying about what everybody else is riding and doing. Who cares dollar for dollar. When you want to agitate, you sound like a 17 year old? And Im 51 in November, that should make you around 70? Get a clue!

Mr Bruce- let me tell you my co worker used to go out of his way to seek me out and bash my "yamasaki" Walk over to me not to say high but to ask where my jap crap is. Now- I NEVER brag up my XS1100. It is worth about $1700. I fixed it up on my modest salary and I take pride in owning it. Now, are you really comfortable proclaiming that your bike will walk away from my XS1100? So your $25,000 bike will beat a 33 year old XS1100- a bike whos engine has never been touched- all stock worth about $1,700 and YOU ARE PROUD??????...REALLY????? You just made my point!!!! Your 1700 cubic centimeter V twin makes less hp than a modern 600cc Japenese inline 4. Sounds like you have a nice bike. My beef is people with bikes like yours that GO OUT OF THERE WAY TO BASH NON HARLEY OWNERS. My coworker doesnt hurl insults anymore because I set him straight. Its not his bike that made him a dick- Im sure its just his personality but the walking into my dept just to hurl the "jap crap" insults got old after a few weeks.

100_0504.jpg

Didnt come out bashing I came out defending and talk about $ look behind my pics I live in a Trailer. But theres 10 or so bikes of all nationalities. So dont come on here bragging about how your bike runs in the 11'S and not expect a response. Since you posted a pic heres mine.

gixxer002.jpg

BWHAHAHAHA. But I was talking to you. I don't deny being an asshole, sometimes I even wear the title proudly.
"Who cares dollar for dollar". What kinda crank you smoking?

"See thats the problem with you haters, worrying about what everybody else is riding and doing."
I don't give a fat rats ass what you ride but I'll be damned if I'll play to your version of Americana. Do me and other Harley owners a favor sell yours.

I like all your bikes Bruce! The little Rebel is flat out neat! When I started working over a year ago at my current job there I met a guy/co worker who builds custom choppers. They all are nice and I complimented him on them. He has over $70,000 into his biggest bike. Show winners. But when I rode my XS1100 in thats when the jap crap and pointing out of every blemished nut,bolt and component came out. He and I are the only guys into bikes in the entire shop but where I prefer conversation he took over with the insults. Got old. Not saying you are like him. My real pride and joy is this 80 XS650 Special. Take off Sportster mufflers- they were brand new and only cost me $15$

100_0675.jpg

BWHAHAHAHA. But I was talking to you. I don't deny being an asshole, sometimes I even wear the title proudly.

"See thats the problem with you haters, worrying about what everybody else is riding and doing."
I don't give a fat rats ass what you ride but I'll be damned if I'll play to your version of Americana. Do me and other Harley owners a favor sell yours.

You just proved everything I just said about Posers and haters. Look in the mirror Kid!

I like all your bikes Bruce! The little Rebel is flat out neat! When I started working over a year ago at my current job there I met a guy/co worker who builds custom choppers. They all are nice and I complimented him on them. He has over $70,000 into his biggest bike. Show winners. But when I rode my XS1100 in thats when the jap crap and pointing out of every blemished nut,bolt and component came out. He and I are the only guys into bikes in the entire shop but where I prefer conversation he took over with the insults. Got old. Not saying you are like him. My real pride and joy is this 80 XS650 Special. Take off Sportster mufflers- they were brand new and only cost me $15$

100_0675.jpg

Dude your XS is Badass I liked it the first time I seen a photo of it. And I know its faaast as well. I restored the Rebel for my wife and did a Resto/Mod build and catologued it on The Rebel Forum. Im not trying to beat you up. But WTF all this Harley bashing and you guys bashing the riders as well. Were bikers were supposed to support one another as we do here in the XS room. Its JO'S like weekend rider who give bikers a bad name. I guess his room name says it all "weekendrider" nothing wrong with weekend riders but this one dont have a clue.

Have a great day!

FREEMANSBURGPAHILLCLIMB6112012008.jpg

Kid with a capitol K. Gosh I'm lucky I grew some.
If I were in this thread to prove something I would have jumped in at the first.
Explaining how my decision to spend way too much money on something was the way to go. And anyone with a differing opinion was wrong and an ass to boot.

Kid with a capitol K. Gosh I'm lucky I grew some.
If I were in this thread to prove something I would have jumped in at the first.
Explaining how my decision to spend way too much money on something was the way to go. And anyone with a differing opinion was wrong and an ass to boot.

thought you boys in MO had tougher skin

Guess I need some tats and a shaved head to be a biker.
I starting to like this fun.
I don't have an old lady, meant to get one some day.
I do have a little bride, guess I have to settle for being a lucky ass.
Did you read my signature? Or did the light just come on? Hello..........
I see your tude extends to housing accommodations also.
It ain't the trailer that makes people trash.
Must be nice to fit people into such categories, makes life simple.
Recently experienced your type of botherhood at the Dubuque Harley shop.
The HOG's were gathering for their monthly ride and eat.
A total of two people talked to us(sitting at the picnic table with maps, tablet and cell phones out calling on local motels). Both wanted to tell us about THEIR wonderful experiences riding and owning Harleys.
Nothing was said about, "Hey out of towners want to join us for supper" or "a good motorcycle friendly motel is"...............
Probably has to do with fact I ride a stock '95 that was bug shit and rode grime covered.
I didn't miss a thing not joining the "group".
I can make it through life without comparing check books and in the end isn't that what is about for harley riders?
This was a day or two ago BEFORE Arkansas became the place to trailer your harley to.
And most likely a weekend.
Another of gas lines in TX in '79. Probably a weekend also.
Last post in this thread for this 17 yo, no riding mo fo.
Carry on....

Attachments

• 1980 Eureka Springs, Arkansas.jpg
    1980 Eureka Springs, Arkansas.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 172
  • 1979 Denton TX gas line.jpg
    1979 Denton TX gas line.jpg
    293.3 KB · Views: 146
No they treated you like that cause they saw a punk ass waanbe . Bike dont make the man son!

By the way u got a problem, Im easy to find 07731.

Back