How to change the oil in your Harley

MYSTABLE001.jpg

MYSTABLE002.jpg
How do you fit all those bikes into the trailer ? Is it a double wide ? ( We don't have many people living in trailer parks in Ontario, we just use them as a substitute for a cottage . )

Nice collection of bikes anyway.

Nope its a single. Yeah Im poor! But a happy poor! 3 years yesterday remission from 3rd stage throat cancer. Have C.R.E.S.T syndrome and Lupus. Medical bills are crazy! LOL I dont tell people where I keep my bikes. Too cold in Canada to have a Trailer.

Sorry to hear about your medical conditions . I hope Obama care works like the Canadian health care system . No one should go bankrupt because of medical bills . My health went for a dump a few years ago but at least that didn't cost me any money ( other than the fact I can't work anymore .)

Yeah our Politicians are running this Country dry. Dont really know where this Country is going anymore. And yes ObamaCare will help. Hope your doing better. A good attitude is the best medicine, as well as a good Ol Lady!

Yep , got a great woman and after a couple of years of being bikeless ( that was like having my balls chewed off ) I got the best therapy there is, a bike. Now I got something to concentrate on and something to look forward to in the spring . Got to get my collection built up again, the XS was a good bike to start with. I will probably take two years to finish putting it together ( will ride it and bolt stuff on, take stuff off ) . I would like to have 3 or 4 bikes total , all of them vintage resto- mods. My next bike will have to be a cb750, everyone should own one of them. Then a big single thumper , either an XT or an XL , probably settle for a 350 cause my knees are screwed and kicking over sr 500s and old sportsters is what wore out my right knee in the first place. Probably find one of those dual carb Honda xl350s , they go like stink for a little bike.

Bruce thanks for the compliments. Thats an impressive collection you have. The blue 650 of mine was my first bike to tear down, engine rebuild, everything detailed....it was quite enjoyable. I might as well continue to be off topic: My older brother rides ab 03 900 Ninja. He graduated in 1978 and loves the 70s stuff. After seeing my 1100 and my 650 he bought a basket case 1979 GS1000 Suzook and is paying me to fix it up.

Before. Ugly and spray can painted. Nasty head shake ate all speeds

100_0548.jpg

Engine progressing.

100_0715.jpg

looks like a dirt bike

100_0710.jpg

Wish I could take credit for the paint but I did fill in dents, all prep work and repair rust on that tank. The platic had four layers of spray can paint. That stuff only gums up sandpaper. I got it all off and down to the plastic. The color is a Subaru Impreza blue. I found out why the front wobbled. One bent upper fork, bent axle bolt and the lower triple tree was wonky. Someone hit something. The bike runs (did - will) great.

Seat reupholstered by a retired Haworth gentleman.
100_0727.jpg

Got the cowl later.
100_0734.jpg

Thats bad ass man! I dont have half the talent of some of the men in here. Like you,I like to design around their bikes. I do everything but the rebuilding of the Motors, but am learning as my passion for vintage bikes grows. When I was younger I leaned more towards the fast things in life, after coming back from Cancer, Im changing with age and experience and cant get enough of Vintage bikes. My first real project was my ol ladies 1986 450 Rebel I broke it down and built her back up. Heres the link if your interested to see a Rebel 450 Resto/Mod -

http://www.hondarebelforum.com/f28/1986-450-rebel-resto-mod-6656.html
http://www.hondarebelforum.com/f28/1986-450-rebel-resto-mod-part-ii-6708-5.html
http://www.hondarebelforum.com/f28/1986-450-rebel-resto-mod-part-iii-7230.html

PAINTEDHEAD001.jpg

RebelProjectII003.jpg

1stpicofbikealmostcomplete001-1.jpg

powdercaoted001.jpg

plastichorses002.jpg

Carbs012.jpg

Rebelsmallpaintedpics005.jpg

RebelProject003-1.jpg

bikeassembly021-1.jpg

12x14 foot wood shed. Get er done!
bikeassembly010-1.jpg

PAINTEDHEAD006.jpg

Rebelsmallpaintedpics003.jpg

RebelProjectII003.jpg

DadnSon.jpg

Last edited:
Nice work Bruce! That little Harley Davidson (90cc?) is something I had forgot. Neighbor kid had one when I was growing up. He had that and I had a trail 70. The other neighbor kid had a 1977 Honda XR75 that we all were jealous of. Creativity with the sand blasting cabinet too. Did you know Harley Davidson made snowmobiles briefly in the early 70s? A dealer in my hometown had 2 snowmobiles and two 175 enduros on his showroom floor well into the 90s. Id like to do a CB550 four similar to how my blues XS650 is done but for my daughter. Nice work!

Thanks Bro. Looks like we have something else in common. I too had a Trail 70 back in 1974 I think it. Was my first bike. Metallic green. The X90 I bought for my sons fifth birthday last year, it only has a 1000 miles on it. Im probably going to restore it. Hes into quading now so he wont miss it. And yes i do know about the snow mobiles.HD was all over the place in the 70's. I have a 1978 550 four K that I want to cafe. I may start it this winter, but its going to take some cash to get it how I want it. Now Ive been doing minor modifications to the XS. I will post up the pics when Im done. Was still recovering from the Chemo and Radiation in the pic went from 210 to 135, lol. Lifes one hell of a ride!

Last edited:
Back