Interesting motorcycles, not XS650

My first m/c was a 125 Sears Allstate-3-speed hand shift. when I was 15. It came with a rolling frame and a box of seized engine. Dad took me to Sears in Denver for new parts. They had piston, rings, pin, clips, cylinder, head (don't remember is it used a head gasket), and a few other parts, but they didn't have a center case gasket...1st time I heard the dreaded word 'backordered' :rolleyes: I waited 3 months for that damn gasket (Summer-damn it) when someone suggested to make my own. WHAT????
Here's a magazine ad for it and a pic of me with 'my Allstate' :bike:
View attachment 227162
View attachment 227163
That is a very cool memory.

View attachment 227164
I just slobbered on my phone
I saw this one today at Barber.
AB47B8B5-5004-43AA-AF3A-4C99BFCA9A6F.jpeg

My first m/c was a 125 Sears Allstate-3-speed hand shift. when I was 15. It came with a rolling frame and a box of seized engine. Dad took me to Sears in Denver for new parts. They had piston, rings, pin, clips, cylinder, head (don't remember is it used a head gasket), and a few other parts, but they didn't have a center case gasket...1st time I heard the dreaded word 'backordered' :rolleyes: I waited 3 months for that damn gasket (Summer-damn it) when someone suggested to make my own. WHAT????
Here's a magazine ad for it and a pic of me with 'my Allstate' :bike:
View attachment 227162
View attachment 227163
What year was the photo, and the bike? Nice job on it.

I saw this one today at Barber.
View attachment 227182
I used to live about a mile from one of the top Vincent builders in the country. He always had one or 2 he was either building or maintaining for someone.
One day he had an ultra rare Red Shadow that he had just rebuilt the engine. I stopped by just a they were about to start it. He fiddled with the carbs, gave it 2 priming kicks with ignition off. Turned on ign and kicked it, it started! I couldn't believe it started so easy! A little carb adjust to set the idle and he rode it around the block.

I used to live about a mile from one of the top Vincent builders in the country. He always had one or 2 he was either building or maintaining for someone.
One day he had an ultra rare Red Shadow that he had just rebuilt the engine. I stopped by just a they were about to start it. He fiddled with the carbs, gave it 2 priming kicks with ignition off. Turned on ign and kicked it, it started! I couldn't believe it started so easy! A little carb adjust to set the idle and he rode it around the block.

Now that, I would’ve liked to see! 🙂

Kick starting a Vincent, fresh restoration, first kick with sandals on no less!

Heres a super short one, with good sound.

Seriously thinking about one of these. Pretty sure here rides one.

Great bikes! I know two guys that own them, and they have been stone-reliable with basic maintenance and speak very highly of them. Prices for clean ones in my area seem to be coming down as well. Shaft drive and factory bags don't hurt.

Back