Interesting motorcycles, not XS650

Discussing the FJR with friends and although I like the bike it’s probably not the right choice for me. I’m not a long distance rider. Usually the most I’ll do is a couple of hours radius from home and back again. The search continues. Damn, I shouldn’t have sol my Vstrom!

I guess having a rotary valve intake was one of the main reasons for good power.
It also had the benefit of a loooong (by 2stroke standards)intake manifold. At some point/resonance the length complimented the disc/port/pipe timing. The downside there is that the airbox, far from the disc/intake, formed part of the inner rear fender. Adding more travel to the rear suspension (without an engineering study) caused the rear knobby to eat through the airbox and throw sand and dirt straight into the carb. Don't ask me how I know all this trivia. :(
Changing a 3 inch travel rear suspension to 9 inches of travel was magical in the southwest desert, for a while...

1665454089396.png

I remember there was an Ausie building Konig Sidecar rigs and kicking ass with them. Seems to me it was a watercraft jet pump engine grafted to a Brit transmission

Back