Interesting motorcycles, not XS650

That was a complicated Rotary intake setup. Actually, at least one Rotax engine for Ski-Doo sleds had a somewhat similar setup where a single rotary disc controlled 2 intakes for a 180 degree Twin, around 6-700 cc if I remember correctly. Always thought that was an elegant solution.

That was a complicated Rotary intake setup. Actually, at least one Rotax engine for Ski-Doo sleds had a somewhat similar setup where a single rotary disc controlled 2 intakes for a 180 degree Twin, around 6-700 cc if I remember correctly. Always thought that was an elegant solution.
I love rotary engines (owned two Mazda RX cars); the concept has simple engineering, and can produce smooth power. More please.

I was curious about the longevity of the belt running on small diameter cogs. My first thought is about 10k-12k rpm 2 strokes but second thought is maybe that is a 7-8k rpm motor. That drive does make for a narrow package. Can-Am did a rotary disc with a carb behind feeding an elbow into the disc and a narrow package aslo.

At least it's not an interference engine... :wink2:
As side note on that. My rotary disc engine had an airbox failure. At 5-6000rpm some stray bit went into the disc and peeled a strip like a sardine can opener out of a good portion of the disc. Imagine 5000 rpm to 0rpm in ~110-140 degrees.

Customs 2022 Read here: https://www.bikeexif.com/2022-best-custom-motorcycles?omhide=true

Screenshot 2022-12-25 at 09.37.25.png

Screenshot 2022-12-25 at 09.37.45.png

Screenshot 2022-12-25 at 09.38.14.png

Screenshot 2022-12-25 at 09.38.43.png

Screenshot 2022-12-25 at 09.39.06.png

@Kevin Werner
Hey guys, i am not completely sure that the shown engine is a rotax.
If I'm not completely wrong, this might a picture of the heavily modified vespa engine (small block) of a fellow scooter colleague in the shifter scooter forum in Germany.

Kind regards and happy Christmas

Christman

Last edited:
@Kevin Werner
Hey guys, i am not completely sure that the shown engine is a rotax.
If I'm not completely wrong, this might a picture of the heavily modified vespa engine (small block) of a fellow scooter colleague in the shifter scooter forum in Germany.

Kind regards and happy Christmas

Christman
Right, it is not a Rotax. My search came up as a Vespa or scooter motor or a racing kart motor. Cheers

Back