Interesting motorcycles, not XS650

1657115688877.png

Ladies and Gentlemen, it is my pleasure to introduce one of the worst handling, most overweight, under-powered production motorcycles in it's full awsomeness.

The amazing Amazonas!
You forgot ugliest?

View attachment 218311

The Munch Mammut Was the Bugatti Veyron of 1960s Bikes. Friedl Münch’s creation. Outrageous in its day, it anticipated the direction of motorcycle development and stands as a lasting tribute to its designer and builder.

Yes Sir..
That is a hall of famer right there Sympathetic picture.

Germans are usually extremely careful about details .. No detail is so unimportant that it can be omitted " Ordnung Muss Sein "
Apprenticeship und Meister ..

No shoes to speak of -No Gloves - No Helmet --a little bit extra glue under the Hairpiece -- the old School foreman coat
usually with the pen and slide ruler in the breast pocket . -A bit snow in the background --- " Cold ?? never Heard of it .. "
And of course the neck tie ..What else " Ordnung Muss Sein " cant see it but i cannot imagine its not there.

Testriding on the rear wheel ( Probably jail time these days ) and eyes firmly fixed on What ?? --- the Speedometer of course... cant this thing go any faster ??
" Was für verdammtes Scheisse... Schneller Scneller Scneller "

No one even dare to suggest at testpilot.. In those homosexual colored leather suits. Just jump on the thing an do it.
Can do attitude instead of sitting on the backside talking about it.

That is old school .. Jut do it attitude It was a rare machine back then. I think I have seen it Once in real world. Parked on the sidewalk.

And the 6 cylinder Laverda is interesting. Probably difficult parts and so but one of few bikes that i find sensational

Regarding the P&W R-4360, let's remember there were 8 of those bad boys on the "Spruce Goose". 448 spark plugs to change and valve adjustments to check.
B-36 had 6 of 'em turning and later models had 4, J-47's burnin'.

Last edited:
Back