Interesting motorcycles, not XS650

Is it just me or do others wonder how that would ride with a set of Euro bars swapped in?
That thing was built more on how it looks than how it rides. Euro bars are a thing of production motorcycles because they work for the masses.

:) As for me, no I don’t wonder, I think it’s just you.
Semper fi

a test ride on the Suzuki V4 RG400
Where's the damn pic of this!!!!

seen elsewhere.
1701269209152.png

You won't believe this but it's French, LOL
Does look supercharged doesn't it. Not a strong follower of the K I S S principle.

Last edited:
^^^ Ok, let me in on the secret...

Da Fuq is dat? Photoshop? One-off custom? Guessing some sort of 2-smoke judging by the exhaust, but I don't think it's a Water Buffalo...or is it?

Well, I'll be dipped. Don't recall ever having heard of that one. Learn something every day if you're not careful...
Suzuki RG400 Gama. A friend of mine imported a dozen Japanese market mostly 2 stroke bikes. Japan had a vehicle tax structure that discouraged bike bigger than 400 cc. He also has Honda V3 3 stroke 400, some Yamaha TDR 250s (enduro 2 stroke liquid cooled twins) These bike are all more than 25 years old so can be licensed here.

I guess my point was the UJM mill clashes with the well assembled 20's vibe of all the rest of the machine.
Like a CX powered farmall?

View attachment 255912

Shrug.
:agree:, yet not my project or my money, so not my place to to be critical. Interesting exercise and appears to be very well executed, so hats off to the builder!

Last edited:
Thinking out loud here correct me if I am wrong
Widow maker Kawasaki 3 Cylinder
Last night I was trying to find a Video of someone actually revving these machines
Can't find a single one where the driver have it in the Rev region 12 o clock to 2 o clock --Sweet spot Zone

Leno is there nothing wrong with him

Not much experience virtually none of the 750 but the 500 .. The one in town I dont believe rarely was under 8 -- 9000 rpm
Back then the smaller machines ( if 500 is small ) had a narrow power band and in racing a lot of gears keeping the machine within that power band.
Outside of that they were " dead " No torque ..

So the 500 being a Machine designed to be fast 1/4 mile ..letting others smelling the blue smoke I Suspect being designed to be revved
That is when it is fast.
That reputation had the Honda early fireblades also Nothing -- Nothing ---Nothing and at 7000 rpm the kick in the backside set in.
Sports machine was designed for that . Again the customer did not want to see Someone else's rear lights or exhaust smoke.
No one will come in complaining about the bike being powerful above 7000 rpm and difficult to ride --
We suggest a 400 cc then Dont buy a sports bike -- The Honda had the Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde reputation and was quick under the 7000 aslo
just not as quick as over.
It is different driving style of one wants to be Quick The Honda CB 500 also have that reputation can move if you rev it.

So I do suspect people today get the wrong impression of these 3 cylinders . I believe they are a lot faster that can be seen on the Internet
OK i understand if you dont want to do it .Rare and valuable bikes .With flexy frames and poor brakes . Need balls and perhaps a Death Wish to do it
But as I remember it was how the were used and intended to be used. Young lads .. believing to be immortals

The one I knew of went around a 90 degrees corner in town -- not many meters after that front wheel was in the air and the screaming thing moved.
More like a Motocross machine
I believe it was stock
At a manner never seen before. Wobbling and Leaning

Please Correct me if I am Wrong and if there is a Video of it revving please tell I have not driven it myself.

bought a used H2 in the 70's FIRST ride had a buddy on the back it wheelied for a block til I could claw my way forward enough to get the throttle backed off.
Turned out that was about it's only trick. High RPM straight line acceleration. They were pretty with 70's Kandy colors. Everything else was MEH.

Last edited:
I have always loved the old Moto Guzzi Falcone 500cc single. That big chunky motor that looks like some kind of farm implement, that big external flywheel, all the mechanical parts exposed. It just looks like rolling art.
IMG_6406.jpeg
IMG_6405.jpeg

Check out how easy they were to kick start, this guy starts his while wearing what looks like house slippers, and it idles so slow you can practically count the individual ignitions strokes.

Back