Just found cool pics today ...

72XS2

XS650 Addict
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
I was looking at old pictures today and I found one of myself at 4 years old sitting on my XS. I didn't know that I had this picture. Obviously at this time, it was my dad's bike. I also found a pic of my son Derek at 3 years old sitting on it. Funny coincidence that my son and I were caught on camera at the same age on this bike.

MoiDerekXS650.jpg

yeah old XS pics. Wonder how many of us have been ruined for life by dad putting us on a motorcycle when we were tots? Not me by the way, dad never had a motorcycle. Something deeper keeps me on two wheels.

Cool pics! :)

Wonder how many of us have been ruined for life by dad putting us on a motorcycle when we were tots? Not me by the way, dad never had a motorcycle. Something deeper keeps me on two wheels.

For me, it certainly wasn't my folks. It was a swimming teacher. My parents wanted me to have swimming lessons when I was quite young, so I did that at the local high school. The teacher had a BSA, which to my young eyes and ears was mesmerizing. My mom made the mistake of letting me get on the back of it and go for a few laps of the parking lot with the teacher, and I never forgot it. Poisoned for life.

Ever since then, I was enamored of bikes, but my folks swore that I would have one "over our dead bodies". No disrespect to them, but that's basically what happened. I got my license and my Kwak Ninja 250R at 52 years of age.

TC

Very cool. I took my two grandsons for fairly long rides yesterday on my ZRX1100. 7 and 6 years old, and a beautiful day. Fun to share it with them. My dad rode me around on a Harley Servi-car (trike)before I could walk. Rode a lot sitting on the gas tank of various little Harley Hummers etc, steering and working the throttle. I've had a M/C license since I was 14, 46 years. :)

John

Back