Sumotrack rebuild

Same here. Think it was about $200 and 25yrs ago. But yeah... they're great to have.
I'd love something a little bigger and more rigid, but the $3k+ price has me keeping the atlas. But the atlas paired with the Induma 1s knee mill lets me do plenty. I'm lucky to have the lathe and a full size knee mill with less than $2k invested total to include tooling.

Sump filter progress. Need to get a filter, deburr and clean parts, and plug the end of the cross drilled hole.
20240312_170605.jpg
20240312_170611.jpg

Ok, I decided to move to a dual trigger setup for ignition. I have an extra microsquirt in a drawer so I'll use it for ignition only so I can keep the LS coils and not make a new mount.

Now my issue came when I started shopping 36-1 trigger wheels. $50+ for an off the shelf one I could modify or over $100 for a custom one. So that got me looking at options, and the one I settled on was sendcutsend. I drew up what I need for the crank trigger and drew up a single tooth cam wheel. For 3 crank wheels and 2 cam wheels it didn't quite get to the $30 minimum from sendcutsend. So after tax with shipping the total came out to $31 and some change. Ordered yesterday, supposed to be shipped monday. So I'll have a full review of their service by middle of next week.
Screenshot_20240322-181846.png
Screenshot_20240322-181902.png

I like that idea, thinking it could be used for a PMA and Gonzo ignition set up.

That's the plan. 36-1 trigger wheel on crank, single tooth cam wheel, both will use allegro ats627 gear tooth sensors for pickup. They'll feed info to the microsquirt to run LS ignition coils. Eventually I'll have it back on EFI, but for the moment it'll just control ignition.

Made a degree wheel adapter. It's a bit longer installed than I thought, I'll shorten it if I need it again. Used it to finalize the trigger wheels location. Unfortunately I went to tack the crank wheel in place and found the battery died in my welding helmet.
20240401_154103.jpg
20240401_154106.jpg

Got some mail from Ivan today. As far as I know he is the only person selling high ratio primary gears and 270* crank pins. I have the high ratio gears in this bike, and it's already a 277, so this will be for the XS in the shed.
20240415_202027.jpg

Back