just popping in to say hi....

emzdogz

Aunty Em
Reaction score
hey you all,
bike project is kind of on hold due to a surprise kitchen re-do/makeover.

Really looking forward to getting back to working on the bike soon.
:)
Em

Hi ya Emmer, hope that everyone & everything is ok . Glad to hear from ya, though.:thumbsup:BTW, what you do, blow up the kitchen burning water?

Last edited:
my last "surprise kitchen makeover" was a microwave that destructed making popcorn. I was not pleased.

Nothing like the smell of burnt popcorn & burnt microwave...........Thrown a couple of microwaves out for that! Never done a whole kitchen though!

lol, you guys are pretty funny.
The "surprise" part is that I didn't know I was gonna get new cabinets. I have no MONEY for new cabinets, lol.
What happened is my dear Mom hired this fellow to do some carpentry work for her at her place, and she liked him, was impressed with him. He's unemployed so she decided to give him more work, by way of buying me new cabinets!
Which is really nice for me (or will be, when all's said and done) as my old ones look like from a crack house, basically. 70's particle board, vinyl fake wood, etc.
But getting new cabinets kind of begs that the whole room (which is quite small) be re-done too, so I started ripping the flooring off. There was a spot under the stove where I discovered wood floor under all the old layers of linoleum. I hoped to strip it all down and refinish the floor and have wood floor in the kitchen. But under most of the old linoleum there is this very strong black stuff that won't allow itself to be separated from the wood. Have tried heat gun, boiling water, scraping and various other things, but the progress was so slow and tedious that I gave up on that.
But even beyond the floor there's other stuff to accomplish, like painting.
So that's what I've been doing off and on.
Have gone out and sat by the bike a few times, and its been good really to have a break from that, in a way, as I am getting a bit of a different perspective on how to do certain things.

Anyway, hopefully the new cabinets will be installed next weekend and then I can get back to the bike.

good news: I can once again SEE the XS, after it having been pretty much buried by crap associated with kitchen construction.
bad news: still have lots of clean-up to do before I can see my way clear to working on it.
...just popping in again to say howdy....

Hi Angus, here are a couple of pics>
Before:
P1180016.jpg

After:
P2090014.jpg

Still got to do the floor, and finish up some painting and clean up though.

much better. did you extend the wall were your stove was in the before picture? block a door?
I kinda wish my cupboards went all the way to the ceiling. We've got all kinds of cooking stuff up there. looks horrid.
good job.

thanks! I am enjoying walking through there and not thinking "crack house!" everytime.
Space above stove is a bit higher than before. Need to think about getting an exhaust hood to put there, but that would require electrical work. Not sure its worth it, really.

Really wanting to get back to work on the bike.

Back