Just Ride.

Should this ride thread be just a.... well, thread? Or should there be a dedicated Forum topic?

• Yes, it's own topic in the Forums

Votes: 19 90.5%
  • Nah... threads good enough.

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Lets see it's going to be 80 today 13 mph wind gust to 40 mph
Should I finish painting the house Nope can't too windy
Pick up leaves same reason
Get the snowblower ready for winter Nah too nice out
Eanie meenie miney Moe
I'm going bike riding today :bike::bike::bike:
1st stop Belgade MN and the statue of the world's largest crow :shrug:
To be continued
IMG_20221011_104442631.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20221011_104300971.jpg
    IMG_20221011_104300971.jpg
    240 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_20221011_104328471_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20221011_104328471_HDR.jpg
    670 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_20221011_104341228_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20221011_104341228_HDR.jpg
    375.4 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_20221011_104638975.jpg
    IMG_20221011_104638975.jpg
    231.8 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
I agree Mikey: too nice a day to work, gone riding.....

Motor came part way out then decided to wedge itself in a jam. A little harder than an XS with clearances in fractions of an inch lol.
20221011_123234.jpg
20221011_123303.jpg

Perhaps a celebratory spin on the calendar bike….​

Well today was maybe the best we will see for a few months.

So this morning towed the log splitter out back by the pile of wood I cut to stove length a couple days back and with wife running the splitter got a utility trailer full of fire wood split. Then hauled it to wood shed and got it all stacked under cover. Went inside and took about an hour rest and had a quick lunch then took a shower.

Then we got on the bikes for about a 35 mile ride, me on the Sportster Sidecar and her on her Ryker. Hope to be able to do the rides a few more times before snow flies but at least we got this one in!

Eanie meenie miney Moe
To be continued
View attachment 227434
Before the advent of the "crowbar", Crows drank at home...

Hat, coat,....
[/QUOTE]
On the Canadian TV comedy "Corner Gas" the fictitious town of Dog River, Sk. had the worlds largest hoe. Some of the residents were concerned that when it aged and cracked, they'd be infamous for having a crack hoe.

Lets see it's going to be 80 today 13 mph wind gust to 40 mph
Should I finish painting the house Nope can't too windy
Pick up leaves same reason
Get the snowblower ready for winter Nah too nice out
Eanie meenie miney Moe
To be continued
View attachment 227434
It was windier than hell all day but the sun was out
Anyway here's the worlds largest crow (Belgrade MN)
The reason for the crow was because in the area was the confluence of the 2 forks of the crow river
IMG_20221011_144450125_HDR.jpg
IMG_20221011_144550813.jpg
IMG_20221011_144518036_HDR.jpg

I suppose it would have been tough to have a monument on a pedestal showing 2 forks of a river coming together so they thought WTH lets just put up a crow

It was windier than hell all day but the sun was out
Anyway here's the worlds largest crow (Belgrade MN)
The reason for the crow was because in the area was the confluence of the 2 forks of the crow river
View attachment 227469View attachment 227470View attachment 227471
I suppose it would have been tough to have a monument on a pedestal showing 2 forks of a river coming together so they thought WTH lets just put up a crow
Man I'd hate to catch one of his plunkies, knock ya' clean off the bike.

I did take that ride, a little earlier than planned. No pix, color is a ways from peak yet. Road is well shaded and really fun corners were damp so I took it easy. That, and very little seat time on the bike so not used to the handling yet. Reacts noticeably quicker than the FJ. Put about 80 miles on it.

Deceptively fast. First 3 gears are fairly tame but winding it about 2/3rds of the way to redline in each gear will put you at 70-80 before you know it. It'll putt along at 55/60 all day in 6th at around 4500 RPM. Gonna need some mirror extenders to see around my fat ass. Had to do that to the FJ too.

That "seat" does a real good imitation of a 2x6 but is reasonably comfortable after yer taint goes to sleep...

Not too far from me is this little strip mall. In days past it was a rundown eyesore that the owner never put a dime into. After the last store moved out, the city took her to court and forced her to sell it. It was bought by a group of old South Vietnamese ex-pats, who put a ton of time and money into it and turned it back into a thriving enterprise. Not an empty storefront in sight.

About two yrs ago they built a monument to the cooperation between US and South Vietnamese forces. It's little more than a raised platform, a wall and two flag poles. Still... it's the thought that counts.

I go past it almost daily and have always meant to stop and take a pic. Today was 69° and not a cloud in the sky... clear an' a million. Perfect.

Oh... almost forgot the name. It's Little Saigon. Fitting eh....

1665608456011.png

1665608495145.png

Google maps screen grab:

1665609279818.png

Last edited:
Well the weather was still pretty good only a bit on the windy side. So we decided to do a lap around Skaneateles Lake, those in the area for sure know that one! A bit on the windy heading south on 41A but at least heading north on 41 with the tail wind it was quieter and a more relaxed ride home.

Did at least put in a little time sharpening a chain saw and cutting a small lawn tractor trailer full of an ash trunk to fire wood length so I was not that lazy today!

Had a big project going today
KIMG2393.JPG
Partway through, had enough shed time, and hit the backroads.
KIMG2396.JPG

KIMG2411.JPG

KIMG2397.JPG

Then back at it in the shed.
KIMG2416.JPG
just about have Dick's treasure trove stowed away.
The shed of ill repute is bulging at the seams. :rolleyes:

Not too far from me is this little strip mall. In days past it was a rundown eyesore that the owner never put a dime into. After the last store moved out, the city took her to court and forced her to sell it. It was bought by a group of old South Vietnamese ex-pats, who put a ton of time and money into it and turned it back into a thriving enterprise. Not an empty storefront in sight.

About two yrs ago they built a monument to the cooperation between US and South Vietnamese forces. It's little more than a raised platform, a wall and two flag poles. Still... it's the thought that counts.

I go past it almost daily and have always meant to stop and take a pic. Today was 69° and not a cloud in the sky... clear an' a million. Perfect.

View attachment 227503

View attachment 227504

Google maps screen grab:

View attachment 227505
I was talking to a young (20's) lady from Korea one day and I told her about my late father serving there in 52-53, She thanked me for his service. First and only time that ever happened. My dad thought they (Korean vets) had been forgotten. He was wrong for once.

View attachment 227503

View attachment 227504

Google maps screen grab:

View attachment 227505
Very nice👍

Back