Just Ride.

Should this ride thread be just a.... well, thread? Or should there be a dedicated Forum topic?

• Yes, it's own topic in the Forums

Votes: 19 90.5%
  • Nah... threads good enough.

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No pics from yesterday on madness, but guess you'll just have to put up with more yellow tree pics today...
The oaks are turning now and they're about the last. A few maples still flaming.
owen park road.jpg
I trespassed to get these closeups...
KIMG2523.JPG
Seems to have been a homade snowplow or grader, remains of a clutched winch mechanism on the front.
KIMG2524.JPG
KIMG2521.JPG

KIMG2519.JPG

Gotta admit if it wasn't so much fun to hang with you guys I'd just ride the beamer, took the boxes off for booping around today.

Last edited:
guess you'll just have to put up with more yellow tree pics today...

Nice pics Gary! You could have a calendar all to yourself! 😃
Gotta admit if it wasn't so much fun to hang with you guys I'd just ride the beamer, took the boxes off for booping around today.

Your Beemer looks good, all slimmed down like that.
Ride whatever puts a smile on your face, we’re all friends here. 😉

I took the Suzuki out for an 80 mile run this morning too. Nothing too much to see but miles of alfalfa fields , I never even stopped, temps in the mid 70’s with abundant sunshine. 🌞

Set out on errends and looking for color today. The best color was in my driveway. What is embarrasing is this little roadside park had a couple of fisherman from another state here for the salmon (they caught plenty) admiring the bike and chatting. They must think everyone in WI rides bikes that need a dusting or wash.
20221022_121237.jpg
20221022_135154.jpg

Yes, I see his eyes are different from a lab's. Color is great.
I bet he's a great dog just by looking at the pic you posted.
He's pretty hyperactive and that gets annoying at times. On the other hand, he's unbelievably intelligent.
On the other foot he's very willful and won't listen half the time, ha ha!
I'll say this, for a mid sized, 50lb dog he's incredibly fast. He ran along side my motorcycle just the other day at an indicated 37mph.
That's only a few mph's slower than a greyhound.

Near Little Switzerland NC..off the BRP Just past peak color but still quite abalze of colors to be had...Pics are courtesy of my scooter mentor who rode 600 miles round trip to ride 226A Diamondback...aka The Snake...He also made some stunning video clips..every pic and video clip is in mp4 format and will not load as a video or image without the link to advrider. Videos didnt work at all...:(

https://www.advrider.com/f/attachments/be7c3851-955d-4e30-af06-78c42262389f-jpeg.4264853/
https://www.advrider.com/f/attachments/a3ac2aec-feeb-4163-adb8-046ebc5a797c-jpeg.4266463/

Last edited:
He's pretty hyperactive and that gets annoying at times. On the other hand, he's unbelievably intelligent.
On the other foot he's very willful and won't listen half the time, ha ha!

Working dogs like him need to have their itelect stimulated. Do an obedience/training coure with him and you will find he will be more responsive and less a handful. You'll find you will learn a much as he does.

Near Little Switzerland NC..off the BRP Just past peak color but still quite abalze of colors to be had...Pics are courtesy of my scooter mentor who rode 600 miles round trip to ride 226A Diamondback...aka The Snake...He also made some stunning video clips..every pic and video clip is in mp4 format and will not load as a video or image without the link to advrider. Videos didnt work at all...:(

https://www.advrider.com/f/attachments/be7c3851-955d-4e30-af06-78c42262389f-jpeg.4264853/
https://www.advrider.com/f/attachments/a3ac2aec-feeb-4163-adb8-046ebc5a797c-jpeg.4266463/

Beautiful photos and that road looks like it would be a hoot to ride on! 😃

North Arkansas doesn't have those kind of colors yet. I fear that because it's been so dry the last several weeks, we're not gonna get anywhere close to that purty.
I'm not complaining, here's out my backdoor...
View attachment 228121
Oh you poor guy. If I had to wake up to a view like that I'd just pack up and leave.

Nice pics Gary! You could have a calendar all to yourself! 😃

Your Beemer looks good, all slimmed down like that.
Ride whatever puts a smile on your face, we’re all friends here. 😉

I took the Suzuki out for an 80 mile run this morning too. Nothing too much to see but miles of alfalfa fields , I never even stopped, temps in the mid 70’s with abundant sunshine. 🌞
I love the smell of alfalfa in the morning.

Beautiful photos and that road looks like it would be a hoot to ride on! 😃
Thanks..600 miles round trip is a bit much for this old bag of bones..but next year i hope to be in good enough conditon to be able to ride out there..but i would have accomodations for an overnight stay..Just dont want to do 600 mile days in 15 hours like my scooter friend has done...

My XS11 is right outside the door. My plan was to eat something and go. I think I might be on my 6th cup of coffee and he’s still sending out food.
Red’s BBQ & Blues on FB. If you want to ride Mississippi, I’ll bring you here.

Attachments

• 8AFEDB1A-CC2F-47DC-9565-DF407B4EA4D0.jpeg
    8AFEDB1A-CC2F-47DC-9565-DF407B4EA4D0.jpeg
    363.7 KB · Views: 50
  • 842762E8-4344-439F-A25A-22EFFE3E9C24.jpeg
    842762E8-4344-439F-A25A-22EFFE3E9C24.jpeg
    285.7 KB · Views: 49
Took Allison out on the 70 and we re-visited this barn
KIMG2530.JPG
From two years ago, it's still hanging on.
106580499_10218628049995953_6655327113027300147_n.jpg
just cuz
KIMG2532.JPG
It was great day to be puttering around on the back roads.
Weathervane was on best behavior and Allison commented several times how enjoyable it was wandering around on the old gal.
Note to self; crank up the shock preload next time.......... Had to be careful over bumps.

Back