lowered bike pics

staggers

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey all,

I've been searching though some of the pics of lowered shocks on here and throught it'd be cool to have a dedicated thread with pictures of your lowered bike and detail of size of shock eye to eye, fork drop and style of build. I'm planning a build but not sure how low I want mine to be? I'm thinking 11-11.5" rear and 2" drop front for a brat/bobber should be reasonable.
As many pics as posible would be awesome. Cheers

Here one that I did a few years ago 3" front and I think 10" rears sold it but building a twin now:bike:

Attachments

• memory card 153.JPG
    memory card 153.JPG
    95.5 KB · Views: 932
  • memory card 151.JPG
    memory card 151.JPG
    95.7 KB · Views: 1,016
  • memory card 157.JPG
    memory card 157.JPG
    100.5 KB · Views: 550
  • memory card 165.JPG
    memory card 165.JPG
    94 KB · Views: 574
Lowering your bike will compromise the handling and ground clearance.

That said if you are after shorter shocks Hagon do a shock that 255 mm eye to eye with a 50mm diameter spring.

Stock number 255H SS26179C SR, Specify 10 x 19mm bushes. Australia agent
http://www.hagonoz.com.au/

SS stands for the 50mm diameter spring. The spring rate is probably a bit too high for a solo. I cant remember exactly what is but it was about the same as the stiffest shock that MMM has advertised on the 650 Central website

Aussie has a good XS 650 club.
http://www.xs650.org.au/Club/membership.html

I built this a few years ago. It was 2" lowered in front and used 11.5" burley shocks in back. I also bent up some tubing in the rear to lower the seat.
image_zpscci575va.jpg

Heres mine. Its got stock forks and Honda Rebel rear shocks. The seat is a cheap potato chip on 2" springs. The rear suspension does have travel, but you'd never know it by riding it- its quite stiff. The front, on the other hand is softer than cotton. This combination leads to a "rocking horse" effect that is quite unsettling in high speed cornering. This isnt a glowing review of my bike, but its probably the sort of information you need to read. Its hard to say with accuracy, but it seemed like the rear dropped 3 inches or so with those shocks.
IMG_20140622_194019_442_zpskdafhj17.jpg

Heres mine. Its got stock forks and Honda Rebel rear shocks. The seat is a cheap potato chip on 2" springs. The rear suspension does have travel, but you'd never know it by riding it- its quite stiff. The front, on the other hand is softer than cotton. This combination leads to a "rocking horse" effect that is quite unsettling in high speed cornering. This isnt a glowing review of my bike, but its probably the sort of information you need to read. Its hard to say with accuracy, but it seemed like the rear dropped 3 inches or so with those shocks.
IMG_20140622_194019_442_zpskdafhj17.jpg

That made me laugh "rocking horse" effect :thumbsup:

haven't a photo but using 10 1/2 inch rebel shocks with a untouched front end on a untouched 447 frame due to injuries (to make getting on bike easier),had to shorten sidestand about 1 inch,found with solo seat almost like ridding a hard tail they are so hard BUT with so little clearance between mud guard and back tyre its not a bad thing as there is no rubbing or tearing out elec wires which are running under the mudguard,found handling not affected much and also gives a slight chopper look but would not ride it 2 up due to clearance issues

haven't a photo but using 10 1/2 inch rebel shocks with a untouched front end on a untouched 447 frame due to injuries (to make getting on bike easier),had to shorten sidestand about 1 inch,found with solo seat almost like ridding a hard tail they are so hard BUT with so little clearance between mud guard and back tyre its not a bad thing as there is no rubbing or tearing out elec wires which are running under the mudguard,found handling not affected much and also gives a slight chopper look but would not ride it 2 up due to clearance issues

A few people are saying the rebel shocks are stiff and I guess would have to be with the minimal tire clearence with 10.5
Your bike must be pretty slack in front end with stock height?

I like that mate, has that old school style about it. That kicked up rear fender is cool. The rear disk wheel is extra cool :thumbsup: where did you source that one from? Do they come in fronts too??

Look up moon eyes disc cover, it's widely available.

slack ??? goes around corners like on rails but also have a fork brace ,needle rollers in yoke and bronze bushes in swing arm but definitely couldn't go any lower on rear shocks

Back