My on the cheap bobber build thread.

Hey John,
pipes are looking good Man!
Question.
You are bolting the pipes to the battery box.
Are You going to insulate the battery?
I would hate to see You cook the battery.
The pipes could get above 200f at that point.
I also could be way off too.
Just thoughtI would mention it

Thanks Carbon. No,I'm bolting them to the battery braces in front of the battery box.
I'll use spacers to get them down and away from the frame and battery. Should work okay? If I see temps get too high I'll do something different like wrap them or run a heat shield.
This is what I got.With a longer bolt and a spacer. But I could change my mind if it doesn't work out.:D Only the finished product will see the light of day anyways.:laugh:
07-0001_zps347c0247.jpg

I got some time in yesterday and did some work on the exhaust mounting.I think it'll work out pretty good.:thumbsup: I'll have to stop by and get some hardware from the store.
I'll go in tomorrow to finish it up and start running that wiring.
If I fell lucky, I might go for a start also.:D I'll get some pics posted tomorrow night.

I got some work done today. Although not near as much as I was planning.I did shorten some of the wiring and drilled some holes for routing.
Sewed up the exhaust.I went and bought stainless hardware with steel spacers to finish the mounts.I'll cut the excess off of the bolts and maybe weld the nuts to the braces.
DSCN0555_zps53815202.jpg

DSCN0556_zpsffd0e778.jpg

DSCN0557_zpse084e46a.jpg

DSCN0558_zps9e59669c.jpg

DSCN0559_zps040d5534.jpg

DSCN0561_zps95c9446a.jpg

DSCN0562_zpsd90c54cb.jpg

I also got my key switch installed.I went ahead and got some locking wing nuts for the electrics tank cover,but the camera died before I got the shots.:doh:
DSCN0564_zps37646074.jpg

The dot is a possible location for the power led.

Yeah,but not near enough build time man! I did paint the exhaust and wrapped the front half.I meant to wrap a little farther but I ran out.:doh:
Thanks.

Thank you Carbon. Man must be nice to ride in sunny Florida.:D Although I've heard the bugs are huge down there.:bike::yikes:
Yes it was around 80 ,went to venice beach, girls looking sweet.
Why those bugs cant get large.
I wear a fullface helmet.
and I clean it after riding for sure.

Looking good! That VHT paint is some pretty good stuff... I use it on headers when make'em.... It's pretty durable too I have had some on my '65 Impala for over 5 years know and it still hasn't even begin to flake off...

Thats looking really good John! Well done!
Carbon - you do know how to rub in in dont you :) Its snowing like a blizzard here and I am SO jealous you are on the beack checking out the "scenery" :)

Thanks Paul. Still got to get that wiring done.:doh:
I said if I found something else to do I'd do that first.:D
I'll try and sort some more of the wiring next time I get a chance.Once I get it done I can go for a start.Then I'll run her for a little to see what rubs and what doesn't work.:thumbsup:

Back