New Guy with a new project bike open to suggestions.

gotmark73

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi guys. Last week I finally got an XS650. I have a complete but mostly disassembled 79 and a 78 that is in boxes minus a frame. I am in process of building a Model T roadster and have a kid in college and one in HS. I have a very patient wife but still there is a finate amount of time and money in the world. I ride a Honda CBR and want a fun little cruiser that doesn't look like every other biike on the road. I live about 2.5 hours from Indy and think I am going to have the shop in Indy do a hardtail. So my hope is to build a low dollar bike that has a similar riding position and dimentions to an Exile Bulldozer. Other than a 4" over hardtail and TC Brothers forward controls what else can I do to get this general look?

Attachments

• bulldozer1.jpg
    bulldozer1.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 97
I have read a little about the HD fron end swap, it may be over my head money and talent wise but I do like the look. I am going to have to research it a little more

If there's one thing I've learned over the years doing this stuff, it's that you can't believe you won't be able to accomplish something. If you decide that's the look you're going for, you do what needs to be done to make it happen. If that means learning a new skill, all the better!

Go for it.

I love the workmanship into the bike in the link. I am going a little more conservative on my design. I was thinking about the forks and with 2 sets of XS forks I can't justify buying HD forks for this build. I was looking at Ardcore Choppers website and now have to decide if I want to go with a drop seat or not. I am 6' and 210lbs. Not a big guy but still don't want to look too big for the bike. I have pretty much settled on 4" over on wheelbase.

I agree with you, I was only referring to the stance of that bike. The added rake gives him that stance I think you're looking for.

Back