Attachments

• IMG_20191009_182459.jpg
    IMG_20191009_182459.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_20191009_184006.jpg
    IMG_20191009_184006.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
Your welcome. They also have chrome... but I prefer the stainless. Shines up just as good as chrome but doesn't rust.
...And they're much cheaper than chrome.

I want the rear tire a little bigger in diameter then whats on there now. the RPMs are a little to high when in 5th gear

“Dennis Kirk” tire web site is the only site I’ve found which actually provides “inflated” tire dimensions for the tires they sell. Some data is missing or difficult to find but I as well have searched for rear tire overall diameter and width using Dennis Kirk data. This Continental 4.0-18 does measure very tall and wide for its size according to the data provided.
Check it out , it’s fun and if you find another source of information as to “inflated dimensions” pass it on
-R

It's pretty common practice to change the gearing slightly on these. Slightly means reducing the rear sprocket size by one or two teeth. Personally, with an 18" rear wheel, I like to drop the sprocket size one tooth from the stock 34 to a 33. This is the gearing Yamaha put on the European models and I think the engine's power output is very well matched to it. This will knock a few hundred RPMs off the engine's speed at cruising speeds but won't kill all the "take off" power in the lower gears. You have to realize we're only dealing with about a 50 HP motor here. Gear it too high and it's not going to pull to redline in the higher gears.

Ordered new Carb intake boots today along with a small lift for the bike
I really Really need to get the front forks redone, they are shot

Back