No spark

Attachments

• 33FC4F44-F454-4D2D-938B-7F37E9D4402D.jpeg
    33FC4F44-F454-4D2D-938B-7F37E9D4402D.jpeg
    184.6 KB · Views: 92
If you have 12 V on both points
assuming no changes there gap and so
And no cylinder is firing ..I would check ground especially close to the battery.
I sometimes use an extra wire directly from battery minus to the point of interest

Garys # 30 shows where if it is the same wiring

And inspect the kill switch

Red circle.... each double should have the wire to the condenser and wire to the points plugged into it. That how you have it?
EDIT: forgot to put the pic up... sorry.

Untitled.png

Last edited:
Yes that’s how it was when running.it’s like a fuse went but I only have one and it’s good, question what it the gold thing behind the right cover it has what looks like a Porcelain bar

If points spark I would take out the spark plugs
having them rest against the engine -- cap on --- kicking and look for spark at plugs.
Please tell if some change has been done to the bike

Everything checks out no changes started bike turned off the choke kicked it and nothing no spark. two sets of eyes on it we’re not idiots but we’re obviously missing something

Don't rule out a spark plug gone bad. It's rare but it happens. New ones are cheap at the auto parts stores (NGK BP7ES). If they can't find them listed by that number, have them look them up by their #1034 stock number .....

klkH29p.jpg

It’s connected on a still not running bike

OK lets try to sum it up ... please correct if wrong here
Fine running bike
No changes done wiring or else
Shutting it down ..wont start after that
12 V present at upside Points .
It sparks at points ...
But wont start ...
if i am right here it can spark at points with defective Condenser
But the spark can also be fine and all right state of the art if the mixture is wrong
So please test or comment on
Spark plugs out and resting against the engine for ground -- caps on
Kicking observing if spark on points and not on plugs .
Please report

OK lets try to sum it up ... please correct if wrong here
Fine running bike
No changes done wiring or else
Shutting it down ..wont start after that
12 V present at upside Points .
It sparks at points ...
But wont start ...
if i am right here it can spark at points with defective Condenser
But the spark can also be fine and all right state of the art if the mixture is wrong
So please test or comment on
Spark plugs out and resting against the engine for ground -- caps on
Kicking observing if spark on points and not on plugs .
Please report
that’s spark on point but not on plugs

that’s spark on point but not on plugs

This is a bit tentative thinking loud.
I shall think some more
Assuming coils get 12 V ( please check )
I am thinking the ground on Condensers
I have not had points for many years but remember and seen it here ,that there is spark at points
even with a bad capacitor
Jim is in the Zone on the electrics he most often gets it right and he has found something
not right in the red circle

On Garys # 30 posting far right the condenser shall have a ground i would check that and
perhaps draw a separate wire to ground
Shall think some more looking at pictures

Well I did change the condenser but I’m gonna go through the ground system tomorrow and watch the last thing on the list before it becomes a boat anchor no I’m just gonna rip it apart put it in rigid and start from scratch

Well I did change the condenser but I’m gonna go through the ground system tomorrow and watch the last thing on the list before it becomes a boat anchor no I’m just gonna rip it apart put it in rigid and start from scratch

Not really any intelligent suggestions
I Did notice the left coil has been affected by something it is white ,, perhaps overheated
so some measurements on it
There are manuals there

https://thexscafedotcom.files.wordp...ha-service-manual-1970-1974-pages-101-150.pdf

Right now i am at Grounding ..problems . Working through that using carborundum paper and copper grease
It will come up usually

Back