Oh, oh, look what ended up in my driveway…..

Lotta people fit Dart fly-screens to W800s, though I don't have one meself.

For a bar ender, and if you're happy to buy from England, would recommend Halcyon as fitted to Miss November - https://www.xs650.com/threads/miss-november-xs2-tribute.55057/post-690680

Has proved to be the steadiest mirror on any of the bikes.
Nice looking mirrors. On my Ducati (gone now), I used CRG mirrors. Chose them because I found a used pair and liked the folding feature. If I do a mirror swap I’ll probably do it this winter to give my wallet some time to heal. Lol.

IMG_0139.jpegIMG_0140.jpegIMG_0138.jpeg

Yeah, they really are the best flyscreens, and that one looks great on your bike! If you’ve never ridden with one before, you’ll be surprised how much pressure on your torso that little screen can relieve. Are you considering a set of bar end mirrors too?
View attachment 249844
Took the bike out for its first highway ride with the fly screen attached. There was quite a bit of dirty air hitting me on my upper torso (mid chest to shoulders), but didn’t hit my helmet so that’s good. Without the screen there was air pressure from my waist to my helmet. Seems more concentrated now. Other MG riders reported they didn’t like the Dart screen and went to a larger screen. Engine guard bars should be here in a week. Stay tuned.

Your MG looks great! I do like that flyscreen. I also used the CRG mirrors on my 919. The folding feature was great for storage in tight places. I do miss that bike from time to time, but I was starting to ride it at 90 to 100 mph all the time...
20200705_133233.jpg

I think I may eventually get the CRG Lanesplitter mirrors again. On the MG it has large chrome bar end weights . They need to be swapped out with bar end weights with a groove for the mirror bracket. May be a winter thing.

Your MG looks great! I do like that flyscreen. I also used the CRG mirrors on my 919. The folding feature was great for storage in tight places. I do miss that bike from time to time, but I was starting to ride it at 90 to 100 mph all the time...
View attachment 250135
Wait...doesn't everyone? :laugh: I have the same problem with my FJ. It just LOVES to stretch it's legs.

Last upgrade for the season - I added an engine guard. With the heads sticking out so far it wouldn’t take much to damage them even in a parking lot tumble. These are made by a German Company, Hepco and Becker. Top quality goods.

Oh, and I had my 1500km, first service done. $531.00 later it runs the same as when I took it in. For that money they did an oil change (oil was $30/L) and adjusted the valves. They also claim to have checked the whole bike over too - not likely. This will hopefully be the first and last time in the shop until warranty runs out (2 yr factory warranty).

IMG_2262.jpeg
IMG_2263.jpeg
IMG_2268.jpeg
IMG_2269.jpeg
IMG_2270.jpeg

Very nice! So is it safe to say you have been enjoying your Moto Guzzi?
Yes I’ve been riding it more than the XS for sure. The Guzzi is great to ride. Engine is noisy (to my standards) and believe it or not, appears to vibrate more than the XS! It had been several weeks since I fired up the XS so I took it out for a quick ride. Up until 4,000 rpm the XS engine sounds and feels smoother than the Guzzi. Above 4K, the XS sounds like it’s not so happy and the Guzzi picks up and runs like a top to 6.5K. Two diffent bikes, love them both. The Guzzi is definitely more comfortable.

I’ve got my eye on a V100 Moto Guzzi but am telling myself no, not until I’ve had this one for a year.

Last edited:
Last upgrade for the season - I added an engine guard. With the heads sticking out so far it wouldn’t take much to damage them even in a parking lot tumble. These are made by a German Company, Hepco and Becker. Top quality goods.

Oh, and I had my 1500km, first service done. $531.00 later it runs the same as when I took it in. For that money they did an oil change (oil was $30/L) and adjusted the valves. They also claim to have checked the whole bike over too - not likely. This will hopefully be the first and last time in the shop until warranty runs out (2 yr factory warranty).

View attachment 251393View attachment 251394View attachment 251395View attachment 251396View attachment 251397
Nice install, H&B are makers of great kit. Should do you well if the worst happens.

Back