Oh, oh, look what ended up in my driveway…..

Beautiful Guzzi..congrats! Its just me but I'm not really a fan of the graphics on the gas tank...

Btw, on a side note, if you really want to fully appreciate this group (xs650.com), join a new group and ask a few questions.
Ditto. I've tried to read the HD forums: punctuation and grammar optional & too much testosterone - oil threads commonplace and highly technical discussions on audio equipment

first service is at 1,500 km. Still deciding whether to take it to the dealer or not. Anticipate a $500 bill and this is only for an engine oil change and valve adjustment. Note: valve adjustment on these motors us sooo simple. I’m guessing 1/2 hour max.

Btw, on a side note, if you really want to fully appreciate this group (xs650.com), join a new group and ask a few questions. I asked how to change the temp units (F to C) on my bike and received a tongue lashing that I was being lazy

I know what you mean about taking it in for service, your Guzzi is so easy to service, I know that I would be inclined to do it myself. Did you get an extended warranty?
I know on my Suzuki the warranty was only one year so I decided I had nothing to lose by doing my own work, besides which, when I talked to the service guys at the dealership, it wasn’t exactly confidence inspiring.
Also curious which Guzzi forum you got scolded on, I know when I joined Guzzitech.com some of those guys were very snobbish.

Ditto. I've tried to read the HD forums: punctuation and grammar optional & too much testosterone

Years ago when I owned a Triumph Bonneville America, I was on this ( now dead ) forum, BonnevilleAmerica.com you’d of thought some of those guys were wanna be Hells Angels, so much tough talk and posturing, it was all pretty silly.
gang biker GIF by South Park

Each shift is accompanied by a loud, definitive click
LOL. Yeah my experience too. Though usually with some experimentation you eventually find the clutch throttle timing/amount that soothes it out. Lotta crankshaft flywheel momentum to deal with. Been riding three or four widely different bikes, makes me wish Allison hadn't kyped the DN-01.... Just let the computer sort it out.;^}

I know what you mean about taking it in for service, your Guzzi is so easy to service, I know that I would be inclined to do it myself. Did you get an extended warranty?
I know on my Suzuki the warranty was only one year so I decided I had nothing to lose by doing my own work, besides which, when I talked to the service guys at the dealership, it wasn’t exactly confidence inspiring.
Also curious which Guzzi forum you got scolded on, I know when I joined Guzzitech.com some of those guys were very snobbish.

Years ago when I owned a Triumph Bonneville America, I was on this ( now dead ) forum, BonnevilleAmerica.com you’d of thought some of those guys were wanna be Hells Angels, so much tough talk and posturing, it was all pretty silly.
gang biker GIF by South Park
2 year warranty on the bike so no I didn’t buy the extended warranty. I figured I’ll be too old to ride in two years anyway. Lol. Still have a year to buy the extended warranty if I change my mind. You got the Guzzi forum right. Some guys are as helpful and nice like this group. Then there’s a couple of dick heads I’ve already experience.

LOL. Yeah my experience too. Though usually with some experimentation you eventually find the clutch throttle timing/amount that soothes it out. Lotta crankshaft flywheel momentum to deal with. Been riding three or four widely different bikes, makes me wish Allison hadn't kyped the DN-01.... Just let the computer sort it out.;^}
My friend just took my bike out for a ride and over it. He said the tranny noise is “Normal” then said what else would you expect from a tractor engine. Lol

Great bike Bosco
Good looking and pretty easy to maintain (Unlike Ducati)
Brake pads could just need bedding in as they are new.
However I once fitted new pads to an CBR600, and ‘glazed’ them due to hard use before bedding in; they were :poo: then. Took em out and roughed up with emery paper, then bedded in correctly. All good after that.

Btw, on a side note, if you really want to fully appreciate this group (xs650.com), join a new group and ask a few questions. I asked how to change the temp units (F to C) on my bike and received a tongue lashing that I was being lazy and I should go back and read the manual.
Feckin' gatekeeper syndrome.
There ain't no dumb questions, only dumb answers.

Great bike Bosco
However I once fitted new pads to an CBR600, and ‘glazed’ them due to hard use before bedding in; they were :poo: then. Took em out and roughed up with emery paper, then bedded in correctly. All good after that.
Got the bike up on the lift the aft and washed the rotor down with brake cleaner. It was actually quite dirty. Don’t know if it was brake dust or some other contaminant. Pulled the pads and roughed them up, followed with a good dose of brake cleaner. Haven’t had a chance to test the bike yet. Man do the Italians like torquing fasteners tight! It was really difficult to break most of them free.

Cool photos you have of the new bike there:thumbsup:
Interesting how so many people on the other forums can be such wankers. It's easy to be a dickhead when you're not standing toe to toe across from someone else, especially given the anonymity of this media. This is why I don't bother with social media in general.
I like the tank graphics btw. It is a cool looking ride.

Next year you'll have to trip on down to Elkader Iowa.... Moto Guzzi rally.... 190 attendees this year. Lots of Guzzi's.... my buddies 34' Gt17 made the scene.... I rode my Condor.... three meals on site.... one served up by the " Pork Princess " and Miss Piglet ... ( Hey, it's Iowa ). 😎

Attachments

• Ana Iowa sign.jpg
    Ana Iowa sign.jpg
    451.6 KB · Views: 49
  • Ana Rod.jpg
    Ana Rod.jpg
    673.8 KB · Views: 46
  • Ana boot.jpg
    Ana boot.jpg
    515.6 KB · Views: 47
  • Ana food.jpg
    Ana food.jpg
    249.1 KB · Views: 46
  • Ana Pork Q.jpg
    Ana Pork Q.jpg
    576.5 KB · Views: 49
Next year you'll have to trip on down to Elkader Iowa.... Moto Guzzi rally.... 190 attendees this year. Lots of Guzzi's.... my buddies 34' Gt17 made the scene.... I rode my Condor.... three meals on site.... one served up by the " Pork Princess " and Miss Piglet ... ( Hey, it's Iowa ). 😎
Would love to attend but it’s a looong way. Would like to meet the Pork Princess too.

Quick update: Have about 900 km on the bike now. Seems to run a bit better each time I ride it. Brake performance has improved and is a joy to ride. Still shakes and vibrates under load around 3-3500 rpm but I understand that’s the nature of the beast. Still in break in mode so I rarely get the motor over 4500 rpm, but the odd time that I needed to pass someone quickly, the motor is extremely smooth at higher rpm. Engine has a nice torque curve so frequent shifting is not normally needed to speed up.

Overall quite happy with the bike’s performance and looks. Waiting for the center stand to arrive. Btw for those who haven’t owned an Italian bike before, I find the parts are quite expensive and for Moto Guzzi, hard to get. For example - the Center stand wad close to $500 Cdn and will be more than a month to get.

Btw for those who haven’t owned an Italian bike before, I find the parts are quite expensive and for Moto Guzzi, hard to get. For example - the Center stand wad close to $500 Cdn and will be more than a month to get.

I‘m happy to hear you are enjoying your new Guzzi! 😎

When I ordered the one that I eventually canceled, I looked into aftermarket stuff for it. Aftermarket is virtually non existent and the factory accessories cost an arm and a leg. Some dealerships don’t even carry routine maintenance inventory, requiring you to order and wait for parts.

I‘m happy to hear you are enjoying your new Guzzi! 😎

When I ordered the one that I eventually canceled, I looked into aftermarket stuff for it. Aftermarket is virtually non existent and the factory accessories cost an arm and a leg. Some dealerships don’t even carry routine maintenance inventory, requiring you to order and wait for parts.
I knew that about parts availability when I bought the bike. The local dealer said they stocked routine maintenance parts. I figured since it was a new bike I shouldn't need too much in the next few years. I heard a supplier in Texas is quite good for parts and up here, out of province, in Quebec. Lack of aftermarket accessories may be a good thing to save me some 💰. I’ll probably add a flyscreen and maybe this winter crash bars and rear carrier.

Great bike Bosco
Actually, aircooled Ducatis like a Scrambler 800 or my 1995 600 Monster are not at all hard to maintain. Timing belts are dead easy to change, adjust and check. Valve clearance checks are not any harder than on the XS650. Valve adjustments are not required that frequently, and not that hard either. So with some dexterity in your fingers, some basic tools, and average mechanical skills, valve adjustments can be done in an afternoon. I have done this on 600, 620, 750 and 944 engines many times. And since those aircooled engines have no head gaskets, only O-rings for oil supply and return, taking the heads off is quite easy. Then you can do the valve clearances on a work bench, or like I did once, on the kitchen table 😁

Back