Old School Shop

motormike

XS650 Guru
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
https://www.facebook.com/reel/2270950576438082 This is about the only place in the metro that will work on.... " OLD "... Had them order and mount tires for my 82' Xs two-wheel money pit. Run by younger guys so myself and buddies try and support the shop. At times I'll swing by b Saturdays with pizza.... let them know we appreciate them.... 😎

It’s a growing problem in many cities. New bike dealers will not work on “older“ bikes. My neighbour has a 2007 Kawasaki that needed work and the local Kawasaki dealer turned him away (he ended up in my driveway to get the bike fixed). My advice for people who want a vintage bike is be prepared to roll up your sleeves and start wrenching, because there will be less support around going forward. If one is wise, find a bike with great on line support like XS650.com, then you should be able to address most issues yourself.

Mike do you have a name or website for this shop
Being in MN it would be handy to know
Thanks !!

I just thought that since Mike is from Mpls there would be one near there

https://www.facebook.com/reel/2270950576438082 This is about the only place in the metro that will work on.... " OLD "... Had them order and mount tires for my 82' Xs two-wheel money pit. Run by younger guys so myself and buddies try and support the shop. At times I'll swing by b Saturdays with pizza.... let them know we appreciate them.... 😎
Good job supporting your local shop. If you don't, one day you'll need them and they will be gone.

It’s a growing problem in many cities. New bike dealers will not work on “older“ bikes. My neighbour has a 2007 Kawasaki that needed work and the local Kawasaki dealer turned him away (he ended up in my driveway to get the bike fixed). My advice for people who want a vintage bike is be prepared to roll up your sleeves and start wrenching, because there will be less support around going forward. If one is wise, find a bike with great on line support like XS650.com, then you should be able to address most issues yourself.
good lord the world is coming to an end ! is 2007 now considered vintage at the dealer ?

Go Moto is still around arty they Mike. he has done a lot of tires, wheel truing, for me in the past.

Go Moto is still around arty they Mike. he has done a lot of tires, wheel truing, for me in the past.
Marty sold the biz .. stops by shop a day or two a week... He does some work at home.... recently laced my 82' wheels.... Current owners are good people..... 😎

Back