Other side effects

much truth on both sides, also some false statements on both sides. One should not ignore the others truths to prove thier own stance. one should combine both truths and throw out the the false , then work together for a solution. only then will a conversation like this be worth our precious time. until this happens you all wasted mine.

What did I say that you consider untrue?

And if your time is wasted, blame yourself not us :)

You are taking a scientific phenomenon and applying philosophical doctrine to it. Not a good foundation for a logical argument.

The only doctrine I'm applying is logic. You know, you're protesting too much.

I wouldn't care what anyone thinks about me and my personal business. You grow that; you don't swallow it down with a glass of water.

Last edited:
1. Your logic is faulty.
2. I protest because what you are spouting about could cause harm.
3. You obviously do care what people think of you. If you didn't you wouldn't be posting your views on a public forum.
4. I have no more wish to discuss this. You have your stance and I have mine.

Have a nice day.

xj, Spanky sounds as if he is benefiting from some good decisions regarding thoughtful treatment of his depression.

If he's not your patient you don't know that and are just jumping to a conclusion that favors you.

Ahhh yes... the equality of the internet that allows the informed and the inane to have equal representation.

^As well as the humorless :) And the repetitive. You know if it was up to the "informed" alone, life really would be depressing - you wouldn't have any choice in what drugs you were made to take. I'm sure the drugs themselves would take care of that little problem ;) You know, there are entire fields of endeavor which are inane, or corrupt, and a lot of them are perfectly legal.

Soma anyone?.......... everyone?
Knowledge of ones own mortality CAN lead to a life of depression.....also supressed anger can lead to depression.

"Go ahead, turn the damn power and water off! I'm ready!"

^I saw that one advertised too. All of the advantages an none of the defects it went, or something like that.

Don't worry about mortality. Here's the worst case. Ignore mortality while you're young; it isn't speaking to you. When you get old, by the time it is speaking to you you're way ahead of it. You might even welcome it at that time.

Back