• Candy green and white a la XS1

Votes: 15 28.8%
  • Candy gold and white a la XS1

Votes: 20 38.5%
  • Candy red and white a la XS2

Votes: 17 32.7%

• Total voters
Psssst.... hey, JP.

Holy crap.... 4 color paint is a fair bit of work.... more'n I remember anyway.

1680997283479.png

1680996287277.png

1680996326414.png

Last edited:
Psssst.... hey, JP.

Holy crap.... 4 color paint is a fair bit of work.... more'n I remember anyway.

View attachment 240154

View attachment 240142

View attachment 240143

Just gorgeous!!

That reminds me, how do you guys think one of those early badge tanks would look in Yamaha Competition Yellow, with traditional forward leaning "Speed Blocks" on the scallop facets of the tank, topped off with traditional black Yamaha badges?

Just an idea I've been kicking around, but I cant find an example of one anywhere...

Just gorgeous!!

That reminds me, how do you guys think one of those early badge tanks would look in Yamaha Competition Yellow, with traditional forward leaning "Speed Blocks" on the scallop facets of the tank, topped off with traditional black Yamaha badges?

Just an idea I've been kicking around, but I cant find an example of one anywhere...
f47843_a10463e2978c4125bcc4ce43964fb23e_mv2_d_1228_1220_s_2.png

:thumbsup:

Vincent, that yellow just doesn't seem right on my screen. Seems to me it should be a slightly more "orangeier" and darker yellow? Mandela effect?
I agree the yellow in the pic appears not quite correct. Coincidentally, the yellow on the orange XS2 tank above is actual Yamaha Competition Yellow.

Vincent, that yellow just doesn't seem right on my screen. Seems to me it should be a slightly more "orangeier" and darker yellow? Mandela effect?

The problems with yellows are just like reds and whites....theres a million different shades of each one of those colors and its really easy to get it wrong (in my subjective opinion anyway).

I had an 81 Jeep CJ-7 that I specifically wanted painted Corvette Competition Yellow. It took me a long, long time to find just the right tint of yellow back in the mid 90's when I was planning this project on this Jeep.

Then when the painter did the job, he used a different tint of yellow and it was so pale I hated it!! I made his shop do it over again, because it was way off from what I asked for. He eventually got it right and it was beautiful!

So yes indeed, Yamaha Competition Yellow is a tough one to get correct as well, I totally agree. 👍

I will say this however, and that is at least now I have a pretty clear idea of what it would look like if I chose to do speedblocks on an old badge style tank.

Still not certain if I like the combo yet or not? So many options... 😄
I gave a paint formula to Jim and there was no mistake. Perfect!

"Wonky"? Well, it's a Seventies thing; so lotsa '70's style was wonky. I like them...in all forms (has to be black on white though).....but, I'm a geek and even retrofitted a compression release starter lever on a G model tracker..

70's "wonky":
2F0 TRACKER02.jpg

:laugh2::lmao:

Back