What color should these tins be?

• Candy green and white a la XS1

Votes: 15 28.8%
  • Candy gold and white a la XS1

Votes: 20 38.5%
  • Candy red and white a la XS2

Votes: 17 32.7%

• Total voters
My tastes would tend to a more subtle script so my vote does not count. More important, however, is how are your feet doing?
Recovery is gonna be slow. Doc said 6mo to a year for the scar tissue to settle down. I've always said 6 mo 'cause I want to be optimistic. We'll see. I can say that right now it's a wash... but that's a good thing. Only 2 and a half months in and it's up to as good as it was before. As they say... onward and upward. :D

Actually looks better when it's not full frame...

1692316097446.png

Been a day or two....

So, Madness' tins are done. Tank turned into quiet the ordeal... all of my own making I might add. All the way back in June... the day before my foot surgery iirc, I cleared the tank and vinyl... and got contamination. FUCK!!!

View attachment 249399

That was taken just after I shot... clear was still wet. 'Bout a week after surgery, I hobbled my ass down to the paint room to have a look. Shhh.... don't tell Sue. Anyway, fisheyes had settled down quiet a bit and I figured I could save it.... after I could actually walk again that is.
Fast forward to about a week ago and I started sanding the fish eyes out of it. There was a few on the vinyl, and after reading Gary's comment above about gas getting under the edge of some stickers on one of his tanks, decided to go back over the decals with about 3 more coats of clear. Buffed all that out and here we are.

View attachment 249400

View attachment 249401

And of course, we can't forget the B-2 challenge coin shot...

View attachment 249402

So... here's the dilemma. Gary was worried the YAMAHA would be too big. I sorta shared that concern and when I initially cleared it, was pretty certain it was too big. After a week (off and on) of working on it, it's kinda grown on me. Now I think it looks good. I think Gary's still in the too big camp, but I'll let him speak for himself.

Time for the Borg Collective to shout out. What sayeth the hive, to big, too small or just right???
I dunno about the logo, but that color just pops! 😍🥰😍🥰

I like it! Considering that it’s the only graphics on the tank, I think you can get away with it being a little larger. The color really pops and I think it has a completely unique look that‘ll wow the boys at the annual Slimey Crud gathering! :smoke:

IMG_6157.png

Tank looks good.

I like that large graphic.

If it was smaller, it would need something else going on.

That Norton tank looks good with smaller script, but it also appears to have knee wells and a tank strap down the center.

That tank looks luvverly. Certainly passes the good taste test for me - the large logo works because there's nothing else going on with the tank.

Bit of a different approach but here's a W800 scrambler with a large logo:

w800.jpg

That Commando is beautiful but if I was being ornery I think it smells of too much money invested to get it there.

Last edited:
Back