What color should these tins be?

• Candy green and white a la XS1

Votes: 15 28.8%
  • Candy gold and white a la XS1

Votes: 20 38.5%
  • Candy red and white a la XS2

Votes: 17 32.7%

• Total voters
There's a depression fore and aft of it that would be much more trouble than they are worth to work out, so I'll just fill them in with J B Weld.
Very nice, and I like your slide hammer.
I did the same thing in post # 39 of this thread:
https://www.xs650.com/threads/thoughts-on-dent-removal.59219/page-2#post-689002
After the slide hammer, I had the same fore and aft depressions, which were easily worked out with channel locks, as shown. And then I think I sent the tank to you -- that was the one you painted Candy Orange?

Nice job with the channel locks William. I even commented there a yr ago.... CRS. :sneaky:
Too late to try it now.... J B Weld is already about half cured.
Here's the tank you sent me... it was gold.

1652756207013.png

XS-1 tank. The filler neck has been bashed down about 1/4"... 1/2". Looks like it'd been dropped dead on the cap at one time.....

This is very good work, quite inspirational for others to see what can be done with simple home made tools.

Plus of course experience, imagination and patience.

Back in those XS-1 days, Suzuki was using purple, but not as nice and tasty as your lastest tin set...:hump:
I had a couple of RD350's back in the day that were purple. If memory serves... this is pretty close to that. it's darker, but reminds me of it.
I think if I shot it over a silver base instead of black, it'd be almost identical.

1656257091325.png

My brother bought a very purple gold wing 20 years or so ago. I had to ask him if he bought it from a pimp in Chicago.
I rode it, it was a nice bike but I would not have wanted my picture taken on it.

Back