Project "Bratastrophe"

T3chnic4l

T3chnic4l
Reaction score
So, I've done a few random posts here and there but I decided to do one cumulative post to show my current build. Good, Bad, Complementary or Insulting Fire away! Questions, and advice is welcomed.

Attachments

• AngleDown.jpg
    AngleDown.jpg
    259.7 KB · Views: 74
  • TopView.jpg
    TopView.jpg
    232.3 KB · Views: 68
  • SideView.jpg
    SideView.jpg
    213.5 KB · Views: 80
  • RearLightMounted.jpg
    RearLightMounted.jpg
    232 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_1033.jpg
    IMG_1033.jpg
    229.6 KB · Views: 76
  • Dash.jpg
    Dash.jpg
    201.6 KB · Views: 71
  • EngineAltSide.jpg
    EngineAltSide.jpg
    214.8 KB · Views: 77
  • EngineOilSide.jpg
    EngineOilSide.jpg
    248.6 KB · Views: 80
  • Seat.jpg
    Seat.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 64
  • RearSetInTheMaking.jpg
    RearSetInTheMaking.jpg
    224.6 KB · Views: 65
looks good, did you make the seat? do you have a side shot of the bike with that long fender on the back? just trying to visualize how it looks with the rest of the bike.

My 2 cents.
Lop the rear fender off just below the tail light.
Looks like you're kick'n ass on everything!
Maybe polish the fins in the cylinders.....
Well, you asked.

I'm going back and forth on polishing the fins, so it's nice to hear someone suggest that. I did make the seat, I made it out of 1/8 steel. I laid paper on the frame to get the shape, cut out the pattern then I heated and bent the pan by hand. I laid down some gold's gym exercise mat for the foam, 1.5" thick super thin but really dense and comfortable, shaped it with a sanding pad on a grinder. Only thing I farmed out was getting it covered in the black leather with silver stitching. All told the seat ran me $84 and a little sweat.

I'll get the fender back on the rear today, I took it off to fine tune the mounting of my battery box hanging above the swingarm. I've re-done the entire wiring harness, and I've tried to route it through the handlebars and frame as much as possible.

Your seat is great. I was planning to go the same route if I can find a halfass decent place to do the cover. I used that same matting on a solo seat and as heat and sound deadening in my truck cab. Thousand and one uses.
Your bike is looking good!

Back