Pull-type clutch release mod

TheRadBaron

XS650 Member
Reaction score
I've been exploring options for upgrading the clutch on my XS. I was thinking about going with a hydraulic setup but leaving it as a push-type (thanks to all that replied to that post), but I've been thinking about it more and I'm really starting to like the idea of a pull-type release mechanism mounted to the right side clutch cover. I've seen a few pictures of a pull-type, cable operated XS650 ( like the one near the bottom of this page; http://www.xs650.org.au/improving.htm).
Does anyone have any details on this setup? I know that it will involve some machining and fabrication, but I don't really know where to start.

I think the "only for the serious" was in regards to the dry clutch modification, though I'm sure that it takes some seriousness to do the pull-clutch mod as well...just not as much.

That looks pretty serious. Much harder than the push hydraulic mod. You'll have to figure out how to make that worm gear mechanism work and seal it all up. If you decide to give it a go, make sure you document it well! :thumbsup:

Attachments

• 230004b.jpg
    230004b.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 280
Back